Engaging Local Indigenous Organizations in the Implementation and Provision of Comprehensive HIV Care, Treatment, and Prevention Services in Six States of the Federal Republic of Nigeria under the President's Emergency
The summary for the Engaging Local Indigenous Organizations in the Implementation and Provision of Comprehensive HIV Care, Treatment, and Prevention Services in Six States of the Federal Republic of Nigeria under the President's Emergency grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Engaging Local Indigenous Organizations in the Implementation and Provision of Comprehensive HIV Care, Treatment, and Prevention Services in Six States of the Federal Republic of Nigeria under the President's Emergency: The purpose of this announcement is to continue the provision and expansion of community- and facility-based HIV/AIDS servicesincluding Prevention, Care and Support, and Treatmentthat have been initiated under PEPFAR-funded clinical services and antiretroviral treatment program in predominantlybut not exclusivelypublic facilities in Kaduna, Cross River, Benue, Gombe, Kogi, and Akwa Ibom. Currently, support to be continued under the scope of this award includes the provision of ART to over 33,000 patients, care and support services to over 250,000 patients, and HIV Counseling and Testing services to over 60,000 individuals.
|Federal Grant Title:||Engaging Local Indigenous Organizations in the Implementation and Provision of Comprehensive HIV Care, Treatment, and Prevention Services in Six States of the Federal Republic of Nigeria under the President's Emergency|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-GH11-1124|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Global AIDS|
|Current Application Deadline:||Apr 11, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||Apr 11, 2011|
|Posted Date:||February 9th, 2011|
|Creation Date:||Apr 11, 2011|
|Archive Date:||May 11, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:||$125,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||6|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants that can apply for this funding opportunity are any Nigerian governmental and non-governmental organizations whose constitution meets the requirements set forth by the PEPFAR local partner definition enumerated below. This includes non-governmental organizations and Federal, State, and Local government entities and their Bona Fide Agents. (A Bona Fide Agent is an agency/organization identified by the Federal, State, or Local government as eligible to submit an application under their eligibility in lieu of a Federal, State, or Local government application. If applying as a bona fide agent of a Federal, State or Local government entity, a letter from the Federal, State, or Local government as documentation of the status is required). Definition of local partner in Nigeria: An individual or sole proprietorship, an entity, or a joint venture or other arrangement that is owned and operated by citizens or legal, permanent residents of Nigeria. At least 66% of the entity must be owned, managed and operated by legal Nigerian citizens or legal residents and have its principle place of business located in the country of Nigeria. Nigerian organizations may include any of the following entities: central, provincial, and/or district governments and nongovernmental organizations.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CDC Procurement and Grants Office (PGO) Technical Information Management Section (TIMS) Phone 770-488-2700
Technical Information Management Section (TIMS) [[email protected]]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Provision of Expanded High Quality HIV/STIs Prevention, Care, and Treatment Services in Tr...
- • Strengthening HIV Strategic Information Activities in the Republic of Senegal under the Pr...
- • Supporting Implementation of HIV and TB Services for Epidemic Control in the Republic of M...
- • Advancing National Public Health Institutes Globally
- • To Support the Uganda Ministry of Health to Execute its Core Mandate for a Harmonized and ...
- • Expansion and Support of HIV/AIDS/STI/TB Information, Education, and Communication and Beh...
- • Increasing Access to HIV Counseling and Testing (VCT) and Enhancing HIV/AIDS Communication...
- • Cooperative Agreement for Global Capacity through Internation NGO Partnership
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2