Environmental Protection Agency Grant
The summary for the Environmental Protection Agency Grant grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Environmental Protection Agency, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Environmental Protection Agency Grant: The Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) Region 5, Water Division, Watersheds and Wetlands Branch, is soliciting proposals from eligible agencies/organizations for the coordination and acceleration of research, studies, experiments, training, investigations and demonstration projects to improve State and Tribal capacity to effectively and efficiently assess point and nonpoint sources of nutrients and sediments to Lake of the Woods. Lake of the Woods (LOW) is an international water body located on the U.S. and Canadian border bounded by Minnesota, the Red Lake Reservation, Manitoba and Ontario. Water quality in the LOW is degraded by enrichment of nutrients. Over‐enrichment and climate change are thought to be key factors causing extensive blooms of algae, which are at times toxic. This impairswater quality and the lake's value for recreation, drinking water, and fish habitat. The southern portion of the basin is also experiencing severe erosion.
|Federal Grant Title:||Environmental Protection Agency Grant|
|Federal Agency Name:||Environmental Protection Agency|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||EPA-R5-WS-2011|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Surveys, Studies, Investigations, Demonstrations, and Training Grants and Cooperative Agreements - Section 104(b)(3) of|
|Current Application Deadline:||Mar 04, 2011 Pleas|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 04, 2011 Pleas|
|Posted Date:||Jan 18, 2011|
|Creation Date:||Jan 18, 2011|
|Archive Date:||Apr 03, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:||$200,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$150,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||2|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Please see Section III of the announcement for eligibility information.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Kristen Faulhaber (312) 353‐4378
Kristen Faulhaber [email@example.com]
- Similar Government Grants
- • FY 2015 Support for Water Quality Framework Training Workshop, Nonpoint Source Agriculture...
- • FY 2015 Training Workshop Support Activities for NPDES Program
- • 2005 Wetland Protection Project Grants Request for Proposals
- • U.S. EPA Lake Tahoe Southern Nevada Public Lands Management Act Program Request for Propos...
- • Total Maximum Daily Load Funding, Region 5
- More Grants from the Environmental Protection Agency
- • FY17 and FY18 Region 6 Wetland Program Development Grants
- • FY17 and FY18 Region 10 Wetland Program Development Grants
- • Community-Scale Air Toxics Ambient Monitoring
- • 2017 RFA for Great Lakes Long-Term Biology Monitoring Program: Zooplankton, Benthos, Mysis...
- • Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act, Section 128(A) Stat...