FY 2006 Assistance to Iraqi Returnees and Refugees
The summary for the FY 2006 Assistance to Iraqi Returnees and Refugees grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Population Refugees and Migration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
FY 2006 Assistance to Iraqi Returnees and Refugees: These guidelines are issued specifically for proposals for assistance to Iraqi returnees/refugees and non-Iraqi refugees inside Iraq. OVERVIEW: Proposals must be received by PRM by April 14, 2006. Applicants are encouraged to submit their proposals as soon as possible. BACKGROUND: Some 250,000 Iraqis have voluntarily returned, mostly spontaneously, since 2003. UNHCR estimates that up to 100,000 new returns are possible in 2006. Over 70,000 non-Iraqi refugees reside in Iraq. Estimates indicate that at least 600,000 Iraqis reside in Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, and Turkey under Temporary Protective Regimes (TRP) that are intended to provide some humanitarian assistance and to protect refugees and persons living in refugee-like situations against refoulement. Assistance to the populations mentioned above is needed to mitigate the demand these populations are making on public health and education services in their host communities. PROPOSAL FOCUS AND GUIDANCE: NGO programs should anchor returnees in Iraq, enable communities to support returnees, and assist local communities and NGOs to build capacity to absorb additional returnees. PRM will consider proposals that provide assistance and protection to non-Iraqi refugees in Iraq until an appropriate durable solution can be found for these populations, as well as proposals that provide assistance to Iraqis living under TPR in neighboring countries. Proposals must present evidence of coordination with UNHCR and other international organizations and relevant host government(s). Proposals must illustrate organizations ability to achieve program objectives given the current level of insecurity, and how the program will respond to possible deterioration of the security situation.
|Federal Grant Title:||FY 2006 Assistance to Iraqi Returnees and Refugees|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Population Refugees and Migration|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PRMANE-06-CA-001-NEA-022806|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Overseas Refugee Assistance Programs for Near East and South Asia|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Apr 14, 2006|
|Posted Date:||Feb 28, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Feb 28, 2006|
|Archive Date:||May 14, 2006|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$4,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Category Explanation
- Humanitarian Assistance to Refugees and Returnees
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Liana Brooks-Rubin
Foreign Affairs Officer
Phone 202 663 1012 email@example.com Email for Liana Brooks-Rubin
- Similar Government Grants
- • FY 2016 Notice of Funding Opportunity for NGO programs benefiting refugees and other vulne...
- • FY 2016 Request for Concept Notes for NGO Programs Benefiting Benefitting Refugees and Oth...
- • FY2015 Notice of Funding Opportunity for NGO Programs Benefitting Tibetan Refugees in Sout...
- • FY 2015 Notice of Funding Opportunity for NGO programs benefiting Sri Lankan refugees and ...
- • FY 2015 Funding Opportunity Announcement for NGO programs benefiting Afghan Returnees and ...
- • Shelter for Afghan Returnees in Support of the Government of Afghanistan's Land Distributi...
- • NGO Projects for Afghan Refugees and Returnees
- • Assistance to returnees in central and southern Iraq
- More Grants from the Bureau of Population Refugees and Migration
- • FY 2015 Funding Opportunity Announcement for Reception and Placement Program
- • FY 2014 Funding Opportunity Announcement for NGO programs benefiting refugees in Uganda, D...
- • FY 2014 Funding Opportunity Announcement for NGO programs benefiting refugees in South Sud...
- • FY 2015 Notice of Funding Opportunity for NGO Programs Benefiting Nigerian Refugees in Nig...
- • FY 2016 Notice of Funding Opportunity for NGO programs benefiting displaced and conflict-a...