Fertility Preservation Research: Advancing Beyond Technology (R01)
The summary for the Fertility Preservation Research: Advancing Beyond Technology (R01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Fertility Preservation Research: Advancing Beyond Technology (R01): Purpose. The Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) and the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) solicit grant applications that are designed to: 1) characterize the risks and mechanisms of gonadal damage secondary to exposure to chemotherapy, radiation therapy, or occupational or environmental hazards, 2) elucidate more reliable biomarkers of reproductive capacity, and 3) examine the social, legal, and ethical ramifications of fertility preservation technologies. Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the Research Project (R01) grant mechanism. Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. NICHD intends to commit $1,500,000 and NIOSH intends to commit approximately $500,000 in total costs [direct plus facilities and administrative (F and A) costs] for this initiative in FY 2010. Up to five new awards are anticipated.
|Federal Grant Title:||Fertility Preservation Research: Advancing Beyond Technology (R01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Health Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-HD-09-009|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Occupational Safety and Health Program|
|Current Application Deadline:||Oct 20, 2009|
|Original Application Deadline:||Oct 20, 2009|
|Posted Date:||Jun 26, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Jun 26, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Nov 20, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Commercial Fishing Occupational Safety Training Project Grants
- • Commercial Fishing Occupational Safety Research Cooperative Agreement
- • Occupational Safety and Health Surveillance Collaboration, Education and Translation
- • National Center for Construction Safety and Health Research and Translation
- • Occupational Safety and Health Research (R01)
- • Career Development Grants in Occupational Safety and Health Research (K01)
- • World Trade Center Health Consortium
- • Mining Safety and Health Training and Translation Center
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...