Habitat treatments for northern Idaho ground squirrels
The summary for the Habitat treatments for northern Idaho ground squirrels grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Fish and Wildlife Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Habitat treatments for northern Idaho ground squirrels: This contract is needed to initiate and conduct a study to determine the efficacy of habitat enhancement actions for northern Idaho ground squirrels. Various agencies have been conducting habitat enhancements for NIDGS and a coordinated study that includes pre-treatment and post-treatment evaluations is needed to refine our knowledge and guide future management decisions. The study includes pre-treatment data collection, habitat treatments, post treatment evaluations. These activities may include, but are not limited to, monitoring vegetation, monitoring NIDGS, conducting macronutrient testing, purchasing field supplies, supporting field technicians, or for data analysis. Failure to conduct this study could lead to future questions about management and enhancement activities.
|Federal Grant Title:||Habitat treatments for northern Idaho ground squirrels|
|Federal Agency Name:||Fish and Wildlife Service|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||FWS-ID-NOI-09-001|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Endangered Species Conservation - Recovery Implementation Funds|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 22, 2009|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 22, 2009|
|Posted Date:||Jul 08, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Aug 17, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Aug 18, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:||$24,750|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$24,750|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$24,750|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Notice of intent to award to Idaho Department of Fish and Game (IDFG) a cooperative agreement for $24,750 under justification 505 DM 2.14 (B4). IDFG is uniquely qualified as they are the coordinating agency of this study for northern Idaho ground squirrels with other agencies and entities within the state of Idaho.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Kendra Womack Phone 208-378-5243
- Similar Government Grants
- • Endangered Species Conservation Recovery Implementation Funds
- • Endangered Species Conservation, Recovery Implementation Funds
- • Aquatic species and watershed protection and management projects
- • Recovery of the Federally Listed Endangered Iowa Pleistocene Snail
- • CTLWSP Recovery At D Street Nesting Site
- • Sage Grouse conservation
- • Spotted Frog Surveys
- • Antelope Creek
- More Grants from the Fish and Wildlife Service
- • Baseline Invasive Species Community Mapping at Lower Klamath and Tulelake NWRs
- • Assessing changes in the Distribution of Manayunkia Speciosa related to high flow events i...
- • Antioch Dunes Sand Dune Restoration, Invasive Plant Inventory and Endangered Species Recov...
- • Development of Middle Klamath Coho Refuge Habitat Enhancement Plan
- • Recovery Unit 2 Western Snowy Plover