NIH Directors Biomedical Research Workforce Innovation Award: Broadening Experiences in Scientific Training (BEST) (DP7)
The summary for the NIH Directors Biomedical Research Workforce Innovation Award: Broadening Experiences in Scientific Training (BEST) (DP7) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
NIH Directors Biomedical Research Workforce Innovation Award: Broadening Experiences in Scientific Training (BEST) (DP7): The purpose of this FOA is to seek out, identify and support bold and innovative approaches designed to broaden graduate and postdoctoral training, such that training programs reflect the range of career options that Ph.D. graduate students and postdoctoral (regardless of funding source) pursue and that are required for a robust biomedical, behavioral, social and clinical research enterprise. Collaborations with non-academic partners are encouraged to ensure that experts from a broad spectrum of research-intensive and research-related careers contribute to coursework, rotations, internships or other forms of exposure. This program will establish a new paradigm for graduate and postdoctoral training; awardee institutions will work together to define needs and share best practices.
|Federal Grant Title:||NIH Directors Biomedical Research Workforce Innovation Award: Broadening Experiences in Scientific Training (BEST) (DP7)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-RM-13-019|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Trans-NIH Research Support|
|Current Application Deadline:||Mar 31, 2014|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 31, 2014|
|Posted Date:||Jan 17, 2014|
|Creation Date:||Jan 17, 2014|
|Archive Date:||May 1, 2014|
|Total Program Funding:||$3,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$250,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||none|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Private institutions of higher education
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following:
Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISISs); Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are not eligible to apply.
Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are not eligible to apply.
Foreign components, as defined in the NIH Grants Policy Statement, are not allowed.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
National Institutes of Health 301-496-3405
- Similar Government Grants
- • Discovery of the Genetic Basis of Childhood Cancers and of Structural Birth Defects: Gabri...
- • Multisite Clinical Center Common Fund Acute to Chronic Pain Signatures Program: Acute Peri...
- • Pilot Projects Investigating Understudied G Protein-Coupled Receptors, Ion Channels, and P...
- • Service Network Hub for Cryoelectron Tomography (U24 - Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Service Centers for Cryoelectron Tomography (U24 - Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Using Metabolomics to Investigate Biological Pathways and Networks (R01)
- • Assay Development for High Throughput Molecular Screening (R21)
- • Membrane Protein Production and Structure Determination (R01)
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...