NSF Fellowships for Transformative Computational Science using CyberInfrastructure
The summary for the NSF Fellowships for Transformative Computational Science using CyberInfrastructure grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Science Foundation, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
NSF Fellowships for Transformative Computational Science using CyberInfrastructure: The overarching goal of the NSF Fellowships for Transformative Computational Science using Cyberinfrastructure (CI TRaCS) program is to support outstanding scientists and engineers who have recently completed doctoral studies and are interested in pursuing postdoctoral activities in computational science, and thereby nurturing the future leaders in this emerging and important multidisciplinary field. Computational research and education activities that are cyberinfrastrucure-based and cross disciplinary boundaries are a key focus of this program. Successful Fellows may, for example, use cyberinfrastructure to make revolutionary advances in their disciplines, and/or deploy cyberinfrastructure-based technologies that enable innovative computational practices.
|Federal Grant Title:||NSF Fellowships for Transformative Computational Science using CyberInfrastructure|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Science Foundation|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||10-553|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Office of Cyberinfrastructure|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jun 21, 2010 Full|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 21, 2010 Full|
|Posted Date:||Mar 23, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Mar 23, 2010|
|Archive Date:||No date given|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$240,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||8|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- *Organization Limit: Proposals may only be submitted by the following: -Only individuals may apply.CI TraCS Fellowships are awards to individuals and applications are submitted directly by applicants to NSF. Applicants must be U.S. citizens, nationals, or legally admitted permanent resident aliens of the United States and meet other eligibility criteria listed below in the program solicitation. Applications must identify a host research institution (e.g., colleges and universities, and privately-sponsored nonprofit institutes, government agencies and laboratories, and, under special conditions, for-profit organizations). Applications must also include statements from the host institution(s) committing to providing resources and supporting the research and education activities proposed in the application, and must identify an individual (or individuals) who is willing to mentor the applicant. *PI Limit: Each Fellowship is awarded to a single recipient.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NSF grants.gov email@example.com
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • High Performance System Acquisition: Building a More Inclusive Computing Environment for S...
- • Data Infrastructure Building Blocks
- • Campus Cyberinfrastructure - Network Infrastructure and Engineering Program
- • High Performance System Acquisition: Enhancing the Petascale Computing Environment for Sci...
- • Software Development for Cyberinfrastructure
- • Leadership-Class System Acquisition - Creating a Petascale Computing Environment for Scien...
- • High-Performance Computing for Science and Engineering Research and Education: Operations ...
- • Software Development for Cyberinfrastructure (SDCI)
- More Grants from the National Science Foundation
- • Catalysis
- • Robert Noyce Teacher Scholarship Program
- • Geotechnical Engineering and Materials
- • Tomorrow's Internet Project Office
- • Management and Operation of the Advanced Modular Incoherent Scatter Radar (AMISR) Faciliti...