Software Development for Cyberinfrastructure (SDCI)
The summary for the Software Development for Cyberinfrastructure (SDCI) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Science Foundation, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Software Development for Cyberinfrastructure (SDCI): The purpose of the Software Development for Cyberinfrastructure (SDCI) program is to develop, deploy, and sustain a set of reusable and expandable software components and systems that benefit a broad set of science and engineering applications. SDCI is a continuation of the NSF Middleware Initiative (NMI) in an expanded context appropriate to the current expanded vision of cyberinfrastructure. This program supports software development across three major sectors: system software and tools for High Performance Computing (HPC) environments; software promoting NSF's strategic vision for digital data; and software in the form of middleware capabilities and services to support distributed resource sharing and virtual organizations. SDCI funds software activities for enhancing scientific productivity and for facilitating research and education collaborations through sharing of data, instruments, and computing and storage resources. The program requires open source software development.
|Federal Grant Title:||Software Development for Cyberinfrastructure (SDCI)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Science Foundation|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||07-503|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Office of Cyberinfrastructure|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jan 22, 2007|
|Posted Date:||Oct 11, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Oct 11, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Feb 21, 2007|
|Total Program Funding:||$14,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||12|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Proposals may only be submitted by the following: * Academic Institutions located in the U.S.: U.S. universities and colleges located in the U.S. * Non-profit, non-academic organizations: Independent museums, observatories, research labs, professional societies and similar organizations in the U.S. associated with educational or research activities.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact email@example.com NSF grants.gov support
- Similar Government Grants
- • High Performance System Acquisition: Building a More Inclusive Computing Environment for S...
- • Data Infrastructure Building Blocks
- • Campus Cyberinfrastructure - Network Infrastructure and Engineering Program
- • High Performance System Acquisition: Enhancing the Petascale Computing Environment for Sci...
- • Software Development for Cyberinfrastructure
- • Leadership-Class System Acquisition - Creating a Petascale Computing Environment for Scien...
- • High-Performance Computing for Science and Engineering Research and Education: Operations ...
- • Strategic Technologies for Cyberinfrastructure Program (STCI)
- More Grants from the National Science Foundation
- • Catalysis
- • Robert Noyce Teacher Scholarship Program
- • Geotechnical Engineering and Materials
- • Tomorrow's Internet Project Office
- • Management and Operation of the Advanced Modular Incoherent Scatter Radar (AMISR) Faciliti...