Strategic Technologies for Cyberinfrastructure Program (STCI)
The summary for the Strategic Technologies for Cyberinfrastructure Program (STCI) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Science Foundation, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Strategic Technologies for Cyberinfrastructure Program (STCI): The primary purpose of the Strategic Technologies for Cyberinfrastructure Program (STCI) is to support work leading to the development and/or demonstration of innovative cyberinfrastructure services for science and engineering research and education that fill gaps left by more targeted funding opportunities. In addition, it will consider highly innovative cyberinfrastructure education, outreach and training proposals that lie outside the scope of targeted solicitations.The National Science Foundation provides a number of targeted funding opportunities for the development of cyberinfrastructure, for the provision of cyberinfrastructure services, and for related education, outreach and training. However, cyberinfrastructure technology and training are broad continua. It is anticipated that, at any given time, there will be ideas that do not map neatly onto the extant portfolio of cyberinfrastructure solicitations yet have a high potential impact on research and education. Accordingly, the Strategic Technologies for Cyberinfrastructure program will accept proposals for cyberinfrastructure development, demonstration, education, outreach and training activities that are not aligned with the specific goals of other existing cyberinfrastructure funding opportunities and which have the potential to transform multiple areas of research or education.Projects appropriate for this program should: * Be activities that include a demonstration of the potential impact on science or engineering research or education; * Generate outcomes not currently under development elsewhere; * Meet a clearly described cyberinfrastructure need not met elsewhere; * Generate outcomes that will be of interest to a range of science and engineering communities.Investigators interested in submitting proposals with large budgets (roughly $500,000 per year or larger) are encouraged to develop strong support from within the science and engineering community prior to submitting a proposal and to document this support within the proposal; for example, in the form of references to workshop reports, reports from the National Academies of Science or Engineering, or other reports based on broad community input, on the topic proposed.Proposals should include a clear and compelling description of why the proposed work has the potential to significantly advance research or education capabilities in multiple areas of science and engineering. Proposals should also provide a convincing explanation of why the project is not suitable for other NSF programs or solicitations.Before developing a proposal intended for this Program, investigators are encouraged to discuss their ideas with program officers associated with the Program to check that there is no targeted solicitation in development for which the project would be a better fit.Proposals for workshops, symposia and Small Grants for Exploratory Research clearly related to the scope of the Program described above, may be submitted. For general information about how to submit such proposals, please see the Grant Proposal Guide.
|Federal Grant Title:||Strategic Technologies for Cyberinfrastructure Program (STCI)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Science Foundation|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PD-06-7231|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Office of Cyberinfrastructure|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 14, 2008 Full Proposal Target Date: The secon|
|Posted Date:||Oct 26, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Jan 26, 2009|
|Archive Date:||No date given|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact email@example.com NSF grants.gov support
- Similar Government Grants
- • High Performance System Acquisition: Building a More Inclusive Computing Environment for S...
- • Data Infrastructure Building Blocks
- • Campus Cyberinfrastructure - Network Infrastructure and Engineering Program
- • High Performance System Acquisition: Enhancing the Petascale Computing Environment for Sci...
- • Software Development for Cyberinfrastructure
- • Leadership-Class System Acquisition - Creating a Petascale Computing Environment for Scien...
- • High-Performance Computing for Science and Engineering Research and Education: Operations ...
- • Software Development for Cyberinfrastructure (SDCI)
- More Grants from the National Science Foundation
- • Thwaites: The Future of Thwaites Glacier and its Contribution to Sea-level Rise
- • Earth Sciences: Laboratory Technician Support
- • Geospace Environment Modeling
- • EPSCoR Research Infrastructure Improvement Program: Track-2 Focused EPSCoR Collaborations ...
- • Advanced Biomanufacturing of Therapeutic Cells