Expanding Access to Long Term Planning Methods in Uganda
The summary for the Expanding Access to Long Term Planning Methods in Uganda grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Uganda USAID Kampala, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Expanding Access to Long Term Planning Methods in Uganda: The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Mission at Kampala, Uganda is seeking applications from eligible and qualified local indigenous organizations in Uganda for funding a program to "Expand Access to Long Term Family Planning Methods" in Uganda. The objective of this program is to increase the breadth and depth of family planning service delivery in Uganda. This is limited competition under which only local (indigenous) organizations, large or small commercial (for profit) firms, and non-profit organizations in partnerships or consortia, from Uganda are eligible to compete. To be eligible, organizations must be independently owned, operated and managed within Uganda, must have its headquarters located in Uganda, must be licensed or incorporated under the laws of Uganda, and must have a majority of it's assets in Uganda. In accordance with the Federal Grants and Cooperative Agreement Act, USAID encourages competition in order to identify and fund the best possible applications to achieve program objectives in the program description. Small NGOs may pair with one or more partners if they wish, and appear in several applications. USAID encourages applications from potential new partners. Subject to the availability of funds, USAID intends to award one cooperative agreement and provide approximately $10,000,000 in total USAID funding to be allocated over a five-year period. The resulting award will be administered in accordance with OMB Circulars, 22 CFR 226, USAID's Automated Directives Systems (ADS) Chapter 303, "Grants and Cooperative Agreements with Non-Governmental Organizations" and the Standard Provisions included in Section E of this RFA.
|Federal Grant Title:||Expanding Access to Long Term Planning Methods in Uganda|
|Federal Agency Name:||Uganda USAID Kampala|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||USAID-UGANDA-RFA-617-10-000001|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||USAID Foreign Assistance for Programs Overseas|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jan 08, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jan 08, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Nov 25, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Dec 22, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Feb 07, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$10,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$10,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- This RFA is open to locally registered organizations only, whose headquarters currently resides in Uganda. The organization must be independently owned, operated and managed within Uganda, must have its headsquarters located in Uganda, must be licenced or incorporated under the laws of Uganda, and must have a majority of its assets in Uganda.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Geraldine Kyazze A&A Specialist Phone 25641306001
USAID-UGANDA-RFA-617-10-000001 [[email protected]]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Youth Empowerment Activity
- • Country Health Information Systems and Data Use (CHISU)
- • GIR'ITEKA (Be Respected) Health Activity
- • Input into Planning for USAID/Lebanon Office of Economic Growth on Trade and Financial Inc...
- • USAID/Senegal School Water Integrated Solutions for Health
- • Textbook and Learning Materials Program
- • Field-Support Program
- • FY-2005 Disaster Response Initiative in Northeast Sudan
- More Grants from the Uganda USAID Kampala
- • USAID/Uganda Strengthening Supply Chain Systems Technical Assistance (SSCS) Activity
- • USAID/Uganda Combatting Wildlife Crime Activity
- • USAID/Uganda Social and Behavior Change for Transformation (SBC4T) Activity
- • USAID/Uganda Voluntary Family Planning for Improved Reproductive Health and Development (F...
- • USAID/Uganda Biodiversity for Resilience Activity