USAID/Uganda Social Marketing Activity
The summary for the USAID/Uganda Social Marketing Activity grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Uganda USAID Kampala, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
USAID/Uganda Social Marketing Activity: USAID/Uganda is designing a new program to improve utilization of health-related social marketing products and services among under-served Ugandan consumers in rural and urban areas, building upon the experience of USAID/Ugandas current social marketing project, AFFORD. USAID/Uganda designed AFFORD to improve health among key target groups by promoting positive behavior change through innovative and evidence-informed approaches, and by facilitating widespread access to affordable high-quality products and services. These two aims were largely achieved and USAID/Uganda expects to build on the success and lesson learned through AFFORD. We are providing this draft of the Program Description to solicit comments from interested parties. Potential applicants are encouraged to point out to USAID any areas that are unclear or confusing and to request more information about USAIDs intentions for the activity. Potential applicants may also make suggestions as to ways the PD might be changed to improve their ability to achieve the programs overarching goals. These comments will be helpful as we finalize this program description. This notice is solely intended to solicit comments on the clarity and feasibility of the Activity and is not a Request for Applications. IMPORTANT NOTE: Ideas contained herein may change significantly during the missions ongoing program design, consultation and approval process. Interested parties must submit all comments concerning this draft Program description in writing to [email protected], by August 18, 2014, 4:00 pm (EST) Washington, D.C. Comments sent to any other e-mail address will from this time forth not be considered. The email transmitting the comments must reference the Activity title; Social Marketing Activity and Funding Opportunity number; RFA-617-14-000011 on the subject line of the e-mail. The final RFA document which will be posted to the Grants.gov website, http://www.grants.gov on or about August-September 2014 will clearly delineate all proposal instructions and submission dates. Please note that responses to this notice are not applications and cannot be accepted by the Government to form a legally binding Agreement.
|Federal Grant Title:||USAID/Uganda Social Marketing Activity|
|Federal Agency Name:||Uganda USAID Kampala|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-617-14-000011|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||USAID Foreign Assistance for Programs Overseas|
|Current Application Deadline:||Aug 18, 2014|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 18, 2014|
|Posted Date:||Aug 4, 2014|
|Creation Date:||Aug 4, 2014|
|Archive Date:||Sep 30, 2014|
|Total Program Funding:||$24,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$24,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- This is a full and open competition.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- HARRIET LUWEMBA
ACQUISITION & ASSISTANCE SPECIALIST
Uganda USAID-Kampala YOUR NUMBER
- Similar Government Grants
- • Youth Empowerment Activity
- • Country Health Information Systems and Data Use (CHISU)
- • GIR'ITEKA (Be Respected) Health Activity
- • Input into Planning for USAID/Lebanon Office of Economic Growth on Trade and Financial Inc...
- • USAID/Senegal School Water Integrated Solutions for Health
- • Textbook and Learning Materials Program
- • Field-Support Program
- • FY-2005 Disaster Response Initiative in Northeast Sudan
- More Grants from the Uganda USAID Kampala
- • USAID/Uganda Strengthening Supply Chain Systems Technical Assistance (SSCS) Activity
- • USAID/Uganda Combatting Wildlife Crime Activity
- • USAID/Uganda Social and Behavior Change for Transformation (SBC4T) Activity
- • USAID/Uganda Voluntary Family Planning for Improved Reproductive Health and Development (F...
- • USAID/Uganda Biodiversity for Resilience Activity