-Grants for Water Security Training and Assistance.
The summary for the -Grants for Water Security Training and Assistance. grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Environmental Protection Agency, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
-Grants for Water Security Training and Assistance.: In Fiscal Year 02, EPA received a supplemental appropriation to improve the safety and security of the Nation's drinking water systems. The funding is intended to reduce the vulnerability of drinking water systems to terrorist attacks and to enhance their security and ability to respond to emergency situations. In support of that goal, this grant program funds security training activities for non-profit organizations that provide technical support or assistance to drinking water systems serving populations of fewer than 50,000 people. Specifically, EPA is seeking to enhance the ability of non-profit organizations to provide support and training in the areas of vulnerability assessments, emergency response planning and preparation, and security enhancements. Under this program non-profit organizations will obtain security-related training for themselves and their affiliated organizations. While expending grant funds, these non-profit organizations can then train additional trainers at state, tribal, or local agencies who directly or indirectly deal with drinking water systems that serve populations of fewer than 50,000 people at no cost to these agencies. Under this grant program non-profits can only train additional trainers and not end users such as drinking water systems. Security-related support is limited to those that are trained.
|Federal Grant Title:||-Grants for Water Security Training and Assistance.|
|Federal Agency Name:||Environmental Protection Agency|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||EPA-GRANTS-112202-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Water Security Training and Technical Assistance Grant Program|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Dec 16, 2002 EPA must receive applications by 4:0|
|Posted Date:||Nov 25, 2002|
|Creation Date:||Jan 15, 2003|
|Archive Date:||Jan 15, 2003|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- McMoran, Scott, Special Assistant, Phone 202-564-5376, Email email@example.com DO NOT DISPLAY THIS DO NOT DISPLAY THIS
- Similar Government Grants
- • Water Security Initiative Contamination Warning System Demonstration Pilots
- • Grants for Water Security Training and Assistance
- More Grants from the Environmental Protection Agency
- • National Priorities: Evaluation of Pollutants in Biosolids
- • Early Career: Interventions and Communication Strategies to Reduce Health Risks of Wildlan...
- • Interventions and Communication Strategies to Reduce Health Risks of Wildland Fire Smoke E...
- • Puget Sound Action Agenda – Implementation Strategies and Actions for Vital Sign Rec...
- • Center for Early Lifestage Vulnerabilities to Environmental Stressors