2016 Marine Education and Training Mini Grant Program
The summary for the 2016 Marine Education and Training Mini Grant Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Commerce, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
2016 Marine Education and Training Mini Grant Program: The National Marine Fisheries Service (NOAA/NMFS) is soliciting competitive applications for the 2016 Pacific Islands Region Marine Education and Training Mini-Grant Program. Projects are being solicited to improve communication, education, and training on marine resource issues throughout the region and increase scientific education for marine-related professions among coastal community residents, including indigenous Pacific islanders, Native Hawaiians and other underrepresented groups in the region.
|Federal Grant Title:||2016 Marine Education and Training Mini Grant Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Commerce|
|Grant Categories:||Environment Natural Resources Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NOAA-NMFS-PIRO-2016-2004728|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement, Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Unallied Industry Projects|
|Current Application Deadline:||Feb 3, 2016|
|Original Application Deadline:||Feb 3, 2016|
|Posted Date:||Nov 5, 2015|
|Creation Date:||Nov 5, 2015|
|Archive Date:||Mar 4, 2016|
|Total Program Funding:||$200,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$15,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1|
|Expected Number of Awards:||20|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants are individuals, institutions of higher education, nonprofits, commercial organizations, state, local and Indian tribal governments. Federal agencies, Federal instrumentalities, or employees of Federal agencies, are not eligible to apply. Eligible applicants are limited to those within the Western Pacific Regional Fishery Management areas.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Ms. Kara Miller, NOAA Fisheries Service, Pacific Islands Regional Office, 1845 Wasp Blvd, Building 176, Honolulu, HI 96818; Phone: (808) 725-5056; Email: Kara.Miller@noaa.gov.
Department of Commerce 202 482 3134
- Similar Government Grants
- • 2019 Marine Education and Training Mini Grant Program
- • 2018 MET Mini Grant Program
- • 2017 Marine Education and Training Mini Grant Program
- • FY08 Hawaii Seafood Program
- • FY09 Hawaii Seafood Program
- More Grants from the Department of Commerce
- • National Sea Grant College Program 2020 Special Projects
- • Accelerate R2 Network Challenge - FINAL
- • Environmental Literacy Grants: Supporting the education of K-12 students and the public fo...
- • National Competitive Harmful Algal Bloom Programs
- • 2020 Pacific Northwest Bay-Watershed Education and Training