Academic Research Enhancement Award for Undergraduate-Focused Institutions (R15 - Clinical Trial Required)
The summary for the Academic Research Enhancement Award for Undergraduate-Focused Institutions (R15 - Clinical Trial Required) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Academic Research Enhancement Award for Undergraduate-Focused Institutions (R15 - Clinical Trial Required): The purpose of this Academic Research Enhancement Award (AREA) for Undergraduate-Focused Institutions is to support small scale research grants at institutions that do not receive substantial funding from the NIH, with an emphasis on providing biomedical research experiences for undergraduate students and enhancing the research environment at these applicant institutions. Eligible institutions must award baccalaureate science degrees and have received less than 6 million dollars per year of NIH support (total costs) in 4 of the last 7 fiscal years. This funding opportunity announcement (FOA) supports investigator-initiated mechanistic and/or minimal risk clinical trials addressing the mission and research interests of the participating NIH institutes. Minimal risk clinical trials are defined as those that do not require FDA oversight, do not intend to formally establish efficacy, and have low risks to potentially cause physical or psychological harm.
|Federal Grant Title:||Academic Research Enhancement Award for Undergraduate-Focused Institutions (R15 - Clinical Trial Required)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health (HHS-NIH11)|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-19-133|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Numbers:||93.173, 93.233, 93.242, 93.279, 93.361, 93.393, 93.394, 93.395, 93.399, 93.837, 93.838, 93.839, 93.840, 93.853, 93.859, 93.866, 93.867|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||January 7th, 2021|
|Original Application Deadline:||January 7th, 2021|
|Posted Date:||December 21st, 2018|
|Creation Date:||December 21st, 2018|
|Archive Date:||February 12th, 2021|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$300,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||December 21st, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISISs); Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are not eligible to apply. Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are not eligible to apply. Foreign components, as defined in the NIH Grants Policy Statement, are allowed. See the funding announcement for eligibility details
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Administrative Resource...
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Research Resource (U24)...
- • New Cohorts for Environmental Exposures and Cancer Risk (CEECR; UG3/UH3 Clinical Trial Not...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH2/UH3 Clinical ...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH3 Clinical Tria...