Advanced Rehabilitation Research Training (ARRT) Program - Minority-Serving Institutions
The summary for the Advanced Rehabilitation Research Training (ARRT) Program - Minority-Serving Institutions grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration for Community Living, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Advanced Rehabilitation Research Training (ARRT) Program - Minority-Serving Institutions: The purpose of NIDILRR's ARRT program, which is funded through the Disability and Rehabilitation Research Projects and Centers Program, is to provide advanced research training and experience to individuals with doctorates, or similar advanced degrees, who have clinical or other relevant experience. ARRT projects train rehabilitation researchers, including researchers with disabilities, with particular attention to research areas that support the implementation and objectives of the Rehabilitation Act, as amended (Act), and that improve the effectiveness of services authorized under the Rehabilitation Act. ARRT projects must provide advanced research training to eligible individuals to enhance their capacity to conduct high-quality multidisciplinary disability and rehabilitation research to improve outcomes for individuals with disabilities in NIDILRR’s major domains of community living and participation, employment, or health and function. The purpose of this MSI-ARRT competition is to improve the capacity of minority entities to develop and support disability and rehabilitation research training opportunities. NIDILRR will accomplish this by limiting eligibility for this competition to minority entities and Indian tribes in a manner consistent with section 21(b)(2)(A) of the Act, which authorizes NIDILRR to make awards to minority entities and Indian tribes to carry out activities authorized under Title II of the Act. NIDILRR is especially interested in applications from individual minority entities that have historically been underrepresented in the federally-sponsored research arena.
|Federal Grant Title:||Advanced Rehabilitation Research Training (ARRT) Program - Minority-Serving Institutions|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration for Community Living (HHS-ACL)|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2018-ACL-NIDILRR-ARST-0245|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||January 16th, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||January 16th, 2018|
|Posted Date:||November 16th, 2017|
|Creation Date:||November 16th, 2017|
|Archive Date:||February 15th, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:||$150,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$150,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$150,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||November 16th, 2017|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Institutions of Higher Education, only Parties eligible to apply for MSI ARRT Projects grants are limited to minority entities and Indian tribes as authorized by section 21(b)(2)(A) of the Rehabilitation Act. A minority entity is defined as a historically black college or university (a part B institution, as defined in section 322(2) of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended), a Hispanic-serving institution of higher education, an American Indian tribal college or university, or another institution of higher education whose minority student enrollment is at least 50 percent. Foreign entities are not eligible to compete for, or receive, awards made under this announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Patricia Barrett
- Similar Government Grants
- • Disability and Rehabilitation Research Projects (DRRP): Assistive Technology to Promote In...
- • Disability and Rehabilitation Research Projects (DRRP) Program: Research on Healthcare Pol...
- • Small Business Innovation Research Program (SBIR) Phase II
- • Disability and Rehabilitation Research Projects (DRRP) Program: Real Time Pressure Mapping...
- • Disability and Rehabilitation Research Projects (DRRP) Program: Chronic Disease Management...
- • Field Initiated Projects Program (research)
- • Field Initiated Projects Program (development)
- • Disability and Rehabilitation Research Projects (DRRP) Program: Projects for Translating t...
- More Grants from the Administration for Community Living
- • Disaster Assistance for State Units on Aging (SUAs) and Tribal Organizations in Major Disa...
- • Lifespan Respite Care Program: Special Projects to Strengthen Program Development, Impleme...
- • Aging and Disability Resource Center/No Wrong Door System Funding Opportunity: Critical Re...
- • Centers for Independent Living Competition - Guam
- • Assistive Technology Alternative Financing Program