Advancing Sustained/Extended Release for HIV Prevention (A-SER) (R01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
The summary for the Advancing Sustained/Extended Release for HIV Prevention (A-SER) (R01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Advancing Sustained/Extended Release for HIV Prevention (A-SER) (R01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed): The purpose of this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is to stimulate the development of new and innovative sustained/extended release (SER) drug delivery systems (DDS) that can achieve extended durations (months to years) of HIV prevention in at-risk individuals. This FOA focuses on the following scientific priority DDS: low-volume, self-injectable depots, erosible/biodegradable implants including in situ forming implants, intrauterine delivery systems and transdermal delivery systems. Applications will require an industry partner. Applications incorporating drugs that are already under development or approved for HIV prevention and/or treatment by their intellectual property/patent/license holder must involve these persons/entities in a meaningful and significant manner in the application through letters of support and/or other evidence of a substantial commitment.
|Federal Grant Title:||Advancing Sustained/Extended Release for HIV Prevention (A-SER) (R01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health (HHS-NIH11)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-AI-19-063|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Numbers:||93.242, 93.855|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||December 4th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||December 4th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||September 11th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||September 11th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||January 9th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$3,800,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$600,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||September 11th, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For-profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISISs); Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...