Affordable Care Act - State Loan Repayment Program (SLRP)
The summary for the Affordable Care Act - State Loan Repayment Program (SLRP) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Health Resources Services Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Affordable Care Act - State Loan Repayment Program (SLRP): This announcement solicits applications for the State Loan Repayment Program (SLRP). The purpose of this program is to make grants to States, the District of Columbia, and U.S. Territories to assist them in operating their own state educational loan repayment programs for primary care providers working in Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSAs) within their State. SLRP serves to support the HHS goal to strengthen the nation¿s human service workforce, and HRSA¿s goal to recruit and retain high quality health care professionals to practice in rural and urban settings designated as HPSAs. Placing the right professionals in the right geographic areas increases access to primary health care for the nation¿s underserved populations. HPSAs are categorized based on shortages in primary medical care, dental, and/or mental health care, and include designations for geographic location, population, and facility types. Within statutory and regulatory guidelines, SLRP grantees are afforded the flexibility to select the disciplines and HPSA sites that meet the needs of their State or U.S. Territory.
|Federal Grant Title:||Affordable Care Act - State Loan Repayment Program (SLRP)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Health Resources Services Administration|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HRSA-14-033|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Grants to States for Loan Repayment Program|
|Current Application Deadline:||Apr 29, 2014 N/A|
|Original Application Deadline:||Apr 29, 2014 N/A|
|Posted Date:||Feb 25, 2014|
|Creation Date:||Feb 25, 2014|
|Archive Date:||Jun 28, 2014|
|Total Program Funding:||$10,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||45|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Category Explanation
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Entities eligible to apply for this grant program include the 50 States, the District of Columbia, Guam, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Northern Mariana Islands, the Virgin Islands, American Samoa, the Federated States of Micronesia, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, and the Republic of Palau.
Current SLRP Grantees with project periods ending on or before August 31, 2014 are eligible to apply under this announcement.
In order to be eligible, States must demonstrate that the program operated with the grant funds will be administered directly by a State agency. States must also agree that the grant funds will be used to pay all or part of the principal, interest, and related expenses of qualifying educational loans of health professionals, in return for their provision of primary health care services in Federally designated HPSAs.
The contract between the State and the health professional must contain a breach provision and other terms that are not more favorable than the most favorable terms that the Secretary is authorized to offer to participants in the National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Loan Repayment Program (LRP) (42 U.S.C. 254l-1).
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration, HRSA Grants Application Center, 910 Clopper Road, Suite 155 South, Gaithersburg, MD, 20878
Contact HRSA Call Center at 877-Go4-HRSA/877-464-4772 or email CallCenter@HRSA.GOV
Health Resources & Services Administration 301-443-5468
- Similar Government Grants
- • State Loan Repayment Program (SLRP)
- • Grants to States for Loan Repayment
- More Grants from the Health Resources Services Administration
- • Rural Assistance Center for ORHP Cooperative Agreement
- • Partnership for Urban MCH Leadership Community Cooperative Agreement
- • Rural Health Network Development Planning Program
- • Family-to-Family Health Information Centers
- • Service Area Competition