The summary for the AgrAbility grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
AgrAbility: The AgrAbility program increases the likelihood that farmers, ranchers, farm workers and farm family members with disabilities will experience success in agricultural production. The program supports projects between State Cooperative Extension System and private, non-profit disability organizations who work in partnership to provide agricultural education and assistance directed at accommodating disability in farm operations for individuals with disabilities, and their families, who engage in farming and farm-related occupations.
|Federal Grant Title:||AgrAbility|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institute of Food and Agriculture (USDA-NIFA)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||USDA-NIFA-SLBCD-006675|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 9th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 9th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||March 21st, 2019|
|Creation Date:||March 21st, 2019|
|Archive Date:||June 8th, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:||$4,100,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$180,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$150,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||3|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||March 21st, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible Applicants Applications may be submitted only by Cooperative Extension at 1862 Land-Grant Colleges and Universities and 1890 Land-Grant Colleges and Universities, also including the University of the District of Columbia, Tuskegee University, West Virginia State University, and Central State University. Applicants must partner on their projects with private non-profit organizations providing direct service to individuals with disabilities. Applications must include commitment letters from non-profit partner organizations. Failure to meet an eligibility criterion by the application deadline may result in the application being excluded from consideration or, even though an application may be reviewed, will preclude NIFA from making an award. Award recipients may subcontract to organizations not eligible to apply (such as 1994 Land-Grant Colleges, Hispanic-Serving Institutions, eXtension) provided such organizations are necessary for the conduct of the project. Also, the 1862 and 1890 Land-Grant Institutions may partner with each other and/or other Land-Grant Institutions (e.g., 1994 Land-Grants) and Non-Land-Grant Institutions within their state or their region on joint proposals. Applications proposing such partnerships must include commitment letters from all partnering organizations. For those new to Federal financial assistance, a grants overview page is available on the NIFA website. This page includes information about free Grants 101 Training and other resources that are highly recommended for those seeking an understanding of Federal awards.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIFA Help Desk
Business hours are M-F, 7:00 am -5:00 pm ET, excluding Federal holidays
“ If you have any questions related to preparing application content”.
- Similar Government Grants
- • Farm and Ranch Stress Assistance Network
- • Military Families Learning Network
- • Youth Support and Internship Program (YSIP)
- • National Food and Agricultural Sciences Teaching, Extension, and Research Awards
- • New Technologies for Ag Extension
- • New Technologies for Ag Extension Program
- • Iraq Agricultural Extension Revitalization Project
- • Assistive Technology Program for Farmers with Disabilities: State and Regional AgrAbility ...
- More Grants from the National Institute of Food and Agriculture
- • Higher Education Challenge (HEC) Grants Program
- • Hispanic-Serving Institutions - Education Grants Program
- • Scholarships for Students at 1890 Institutions Program (1890 Scholarships) RFA
- • Distance Education Grants Program for Institutions of Higher Education in Insular Areas (D...
- • Specialty Crop Research Initiative Pre-Applications