Agricultural Water Enhancement Program
The summary for the Agricultural Water Enhancement Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Natural Resources Conservation Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Agricultural Water Enhancement Program: The purpose of this notice is to inform agricultural producers of the availability of AWEP funds and to solicit proposals from potential partners who seek to enter into partnership agreements with the NRCS Chief to promote the conservation of ground and surface water and the improvement of water quality. Proposals are accepted from all 50 States, the Caribbean Area (Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands), and the Pacific Islands Area (Guam, American Samoa, and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands). Overview: The Agricultural Water Enhancement Program (AWEP) is a voluntary conservation program that provides financial and technical assistance to agricultural producers to implement agricultural water enhancement activities on agricultural land for the purposes of conserving surface and ground water and improving water quality, or both. As part of the Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP), AWEP operates through contracts with producers to plan and implement conservation practices to conserve ground and surface water and improve water quality in project areas established through partnership agreements. Producers may participate individually in AWEP, or collectively through a partnership project. For example, the role of the partner may be to facilitate the submission of producers' applications, or it may be to provide additional technical or financial assistance to participating agricultural producers. AWEP funding will be delivered to producers; no AWEP funding may be used to cover the administrative expenses of partners. Administrative activities include any indirect or direct costs relating to submitting or implementing the project proposal.
|Federal Grant Title:||Agricultural Water Enhancement Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Natural Resources Conservation Service|
|Grant Categories:||Agriculture Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||USDA-NRCS-NHQ-09-02|
|Type of Funding:||Other|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Environmental Quality Incentives Program|
|Current Application Deadline:||Mar 02, 2009|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 02, 2009|
|Posted Date:||Jan 16, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Jan 16, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Apr 01, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:||$58,400,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Individuals - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Entities that are eligible to enter into AWEP partnerships agreements include, but are not limited to, federal recognized Indian Tribes, States, units of local government, agricultural or silivicultural associations, other groups of such producers, such as an irrigation association, agricultural land trust, or other non-governmental organization that has experience working with agricultural producers.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Ed Brzostek AWEP Specialist USDA, NRCS P.O. Box 2890, Rm. 5241-S Washington, D. C. 20013-2890 Tel.# 202-720-1845, Fax. 202-720-4265 Email: AWEP2008@wdc.usda.gov
- Similar Government Grants
- • South Carolina urban communities
- • Announcement for Program Funding for Natural Resources Conservation Service's Conservation...
- • Ohio NRCS Conservation Innovation Grants
- • Notice of Funding Opportunity for NRCS' Conservation Innovation Grants (CIG) National comp...
- • Conservation Innovation Grants
- • Conservation Innovation Grants - Chesapeake Bay Watershed
- • Environmental Quality Incentive Program Assistance Irrigation Technical Services
- More Grants from the Natural Resources Conservation Service
- • Notice of Funding Opportunity for NRCS' Voluntary Public Access- Habitat Incentives Progra...
- • Announcement for Program Funding for NRCS's Regional Conservation Partnership Program (RCP...
- • Farm Bill Implementation Assistance in Oregon
- • Maryland Funding Opportunity Announcement
- • Partnerships to provide direct technical services