Agriculture and Food Research Initiative - Foundational and Applied Science Program
The summary for the Agriculture and Food Research Initiative - Foundational and Applied Science Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Agriculture and Food Research Initiative - Foundational and Applied Science Program: The AFRI Foundational and Applied Science Program supports grants in six AFRI priority areas to advance knowledge in both fundamental and applied sciences important to agriculture. The six priority areas are: Plant Health and Production and Plant Products; Animal Health and Production and Animal Products; Food Safety, Nutrition, and Health; Bioenergy, Natural Resources, and Environment; Agriculture Systems and Technology; and Agriculture Economics and Rural Communities. Research-only, extension-only, and integrated research, education and/or extension projects are solicited in this Request for Applications (RFA). See Foundational and Applied Science RFA for specific details.
|Federal Grant Title:||Agriculture and Food Research Initiative - Foundational and Applied Science Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institute of Food and Agriculture (USDA-NIFA)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||USDA-NIFA-AFRI-009003|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||December 31st, 2022|
|Original Application Deadline:||December 31st, 2022|
|Posted Date:||March 9th, 2022|
|Creation Date:||March 9th, 2022|
|Archive Date:||January 30th, 2023|
|Total Program Funding:||$300,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$15,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
|Last Updated:||September 22nd, 2022|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Applications may only be submitted by eligible entities. Failure to meet an eligibility criterion by the application deadline may result in the application being excluded from consideration or, even though an application may be reviewed, will preclude NIFA from making an award. Eligibility is linked to the project type as specified in the RFA.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Agriculture and Food Research Initiative - Foundational and Applied Science Program
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIFA Support
Key Information: Business hours: Monday thru Friday, 7a.m. – 5p.m. ET, except federal holidays
If you have any questions related to preparing application content.
- Similar Government Grants
- • Agriculture and Food Research Initiative Sustainable Agricultural Systems
- • Agriculture and Food Research Initiative Competitive Grants Program Foundational and Appli...
- • Expanding AI Innovation through Capacity Building and Partnerships
- • Ecology and Evolution of Infectious Diseases
- • Agriculture and Food Research Initiative Competitive Grants Program Education and Workforc...
- • Opportunity USDA-CSREES-AFRI-001967
- • Agriculture and Food Research Initiative Competitive Grants Program
- • Disaster Resilience for Rural Communities
- More Grants from the National Institute of Food and Agriculture
- • Open Data Framework
- • Food and Agricultural Education Information System
- • New Beginning for Tribal Students Program
- • Alfalfa Seed and Alfalfa Forage Systems
- • Special Research Grants Program Potato Research