Air Force Academy Athletic Programs
The summary for the Air Force Academy Athletic Programs grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Air Force Academy, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Air Force Academy Athletic Programs: USAFA is providing federal assistance to the recipient to provide athletic support and improvement on the AFA athletic program. Under specific statutory authority, 10 U.S.C. § 9362, the Air Force Academy anticipates entering into a Cooperative Agreement with the Air Force Academy Athletic Corporation (AFAAC), in support of Athletic Programs. Under this same statutory authority, the Secretary of the Air Force (SECAF) established the AFAAC in accordance with the laws of the state of Colorado to support the athletic programs of the United States Air Force Academy. The AFAAC is a non-profit corporation which will operate in accordance with the Bylaws as approved by the SECAF. Paragraph (g) of the statute authorizes the SECAF to enter into cooperative agreements, as described in section 6305 of title 31, with the corporation for purposes related to AFA athletic programs. Long-term future goals for this program include the AFAAC becoming self-sustaining from a funding perspective. Cost Sharing is anticipated for years three through five at the levels discussed in the program announcement.
|Federal Grant Title:||Air Force Academy Athletic Programs|
|Federal Agency Name:||Air Force Academy|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||USAFA-ADCA-2013-1|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Air Force Academy Athletic Programs|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 23, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 23, 2013|
|Posted Date:||Apr 08, 2013|
|Creation Date:||Apr 08, 2013|
|Archive Date:||May 24, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:||$45,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$45,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Category Explanation
- Air Force Academy Athletic Programs, as described in 10 USC 9362.
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- The Air Force intends to award a cooperative agreement, as described in section 6305 of title 31, to the entity identified by 10 USC 9362 for the Air Force Academy Athletic Program known as the Air Force Academy Athletic Corporation (AFAAC). The entity must submit its DUNS number and non-profit status documentation as part of their application to assist in demonstrating that the entity is a qualified recipient. No other entity need apply.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Nathan Pauly Contract Specialist Phone 719-333-3948
- More Grants from the Air Force Academy
- • Research on the Use of Autonomy and Unmanned Vehicles in Support of USAF Operations
- • Hypersonic Turbulence Models Research
- • Partnership Intermediary Agreemetns Concerning Improving Technology Transfer and Non-Tradi...
- • Research of Technologies Advancing Corrosion Prevention and Control
- • Project on Advanced Systems and Concepts for Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (PASCC...