Alzheimer's Disease Research Centers (P50)
The summary for the Alzheimer's Disease Research Centers (P50) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Alzheimer's Disease Research Centers (P50): The National Institute on Aging (NIA) invites applications from qualified institutions for support of Alzheimer's Disease Research Centers (ADRCs). These centers are designed to support and conduct research on Alzheimer's disease (AD), to serve as shared research resources that will facilitate research in AD and related disorders, distinguish them from the processes of normal brain aging and mild cognitive impairment (MCI), provide a platform for training, collect biospecimens useful for clinical research, develop novel techniques and methodologies, and translate these research findings into better diagnostic, prevention, treatment and care strategies.
|Federal Grant Title:||Alzheimer's Disease Research Centers (P50)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-AG-13-019|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Aging Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jun 11, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 11, 2013|
|Posted Date:||Mar 01, 2013|
|Creation Date:||Mar 01, 2013|
|Archive Date:||Jul 12, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:||$10,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISISs); Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession; Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are not eligible to apply. Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are not eligible to apply. Foreign components, as defined in the NIH Grants Policy Statement, are allowed.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • MD-PhD Training Program in Alzheimer's Disease and Related Dementias and the Behavior...
- • Paul B. Beeson Emerging Leaders Career Development Award in Aging (K76 Clinical Trial Requ...
- • Paul B. Beeson Emerging Leaders Career Development Award in Aging (K76 Independent Clinica...
- • Transition to Aging Research for Predoctoral Students (F99/K00)
- • Integrative Research to Understand the Impact of Sex Differences on the Molecular Determin...
- • Technological Enhancements and Archiving for Surveys of the Elderly: SBIR (R43/44) Initiat...
- • Technological Enhancements and Archiving for Surveys of the Elderly: STTR (R41/42) Initiat...
- • Technology and Aging: NIA Small Business Technology Transfer Program Initiative (STTR [R41...
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Administrative Resource...
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Research Resource (U24)...
- • New Cohorts for Environmental Exposures and Cancer Risk (CEECR; UG3/UH3 Clinical Trial Not...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH2/UH3 Clinical ...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH3 Clinical Tria...