Ambassadors for Cultural Preservation Small Grants Program
The summary for the Ambassadors for Cultural Preservation Small Grants Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the US Mission to Cambodia, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Ambassadors for Cultural Preservation Small Grants Program: FUNDING OPPORTUNITY DESCRIPTION The U.S. Embassy in Phnom Penh and the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the U.S. Department of State are pleased to announce the fiscal year 2018 call for proposals for the Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation. The Fund is aimed at preserving cultural sites or objects that have historical or cultural significance for Cambodia. Floor on Amount of Individual Awards: US $10,000 per project. Ceiling on Amount of Individual Awards: $200,000 per project. GOALS OF FUNDING OPPORTUNITY The Fund was established to help countries preserve their cultural heritage. For Cambodia, it is aimed at preserving cultural sites and objects that have historical or cultural significance. The projects selected to receive funding through the U.S. Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation (AFCP) will advance U.S. diplomatic goals and demonstrate the depth of U.S. respect for the cultural heritage of Cambodia. AFCP gives top priority to project activities that adhere to the program guidelines and to international standards for the preservation of cultural heritage. These activities may include: Cultural Sites: conservation of an ancient or historic building, preservation of an archaeological site, or documentation of cultural sites in a region for preservation purposes. Cultural Objects and Collections: conservation treatment for an object or collection of objects; needs assessment of a collection with respect to its condition and strategies for improving its state of conservation; inventory of a collection for conservation and protection purposes; the creation of safe environments for storage or display of collections; or specialized training in the care and preservation of collections. Forms of Traditional Cultural Expression: documentation and audiovisual recording of traditional music and dance forms for broad dissemination as the means of teaching and further preserving them, or support for training in the preservation of traditional applied arts or crafts in danger of extinction. FUNDING PRIORITIES—SPECIFIC TO THE AFCP 2018 ANNUAL COMPETITION Proposals for projects that directly support one or more of the following criteria will receive additional consideration in FY 2018: 1. U.S. treaty or bilateral agreement obligations, such as cultural property protection agreements; 2. Disaster risk reduction for cultural heritage in seismically active and other disaster-prone areas; 3. Post-disaster cultural heritage recovery; 4. Preservation of inscribed World Heritage sites.
|Federal Grant Title:||Ambassadors for Cultural Preservation Small Grants Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||US Mission to Cambodia (DOS-KHM)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CB600-18-PAS-004|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||January 5th, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||January 5th, 2018|
|Posted Date:||December 7th, 2017|
|Creation Date:||December 7th, 2017|
|Archive Date:||January 6th, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:||$200,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$10,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||December 7th, 2017|
- Category Explanation
- Cultural heritage conservation
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- AFCP defines eligible project applicants as reputable and accountable non-commercial entities, such as non-governmental organizations, museums, ministries of culture, or similar institutions and organizations that are able to demonstrate that they have the requisite experience and capacity to manage projects to preserve cultural heritage.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- U.S. Embassy Phnom Penh
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Soreimeas Norn
Program Management Specialist
This is my main email address where I can answer any of your questions.
- Similar Government Grants
- • AFCP 2020 Small Grants Competition
- • U.s. Ambassadors Fund For Cultural Preservation Large Grants Program Fiscal Year 2020
- • Notice Of Funding Opportunity For U.s. Ambassadors Fund For Cultural Preservation (afcp) 2...
- • AFCP 2020 Large Grants Competition
- • AFCP 2020 Large Grants Program
- • U.S. Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation Iraqi
- • U.S. Mission to Mexico: Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation
- • Preserving Culture, Preserving History!
- More Grants from the US Mission to Cambodia
- • YSEALI Regional Workshop on Citizen Journalism and Free Flow of Information
- • U.S. Embassy Phnom Penh PAS Annual Program
- • Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation Large Grants Program
- • YSEALI STEM Education Regional Workshop