Announcement for Program Funding for NRCS' Conservation Easement Restoration
The summary for the Announcement for Program Funding for NRCS' Conservation Easement Restoration grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Natural Resources Conservation Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Announcement for Program Funding for NRCS' Conservation Easement Restoration: The Agricultural Conservation Easement Program (ACEP), Regional Conservation Partnership Program (RCPP), and Emergency Watershed Protection Program-Floodplain Easements (EWP-FPE) are voluntary programs to conserve, protect, and enhance the nation's wetland and floodplain ecosystems. These programs promote the restoration, enhancement, protection, maintenance and management of wetland systems and adjacent land that would contribute significantly to wetland functions and values. Through easement programs, landowners may receive assistance to install or implement structural or vegetative wetland/floodplain and associated upland restoration practices on eligible land. Policy provides that the Secretary may request the services of, and enter into cooperative agreements with, non-Federal entities to assist in providing specialized assistance necessary to implement conservation plans under these programs. To that end, the agency is directing resources toward the restoration of degraded wetlands and floodplains across the state of Iowa. The NRCS is requesting proposals from qualified individuals and organizations that share a common interest in the conservation and restoration of wetland and floodplain resources throughout Iowa under the framework of a five year agreement with approximately $8 million in funding, if available.
|Federal Grant Title:||Announcement for Program Funding for NRCS' Conservation Easement Restoration|
|Federal Agency Name:||Natural Resources Conservation Service (USDA-NRCS)|
|Grant Categories:||Agriculture Environment Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||USDA-NRCS-IA-18-03|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Numbers:||10.923, 10.931, 10.932|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||June 25th, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||June 25th, 2018|
|Posted Date:||May 25th, 2018|
|Creation Date:||May 25th, 2018|
|Archive Date:||July 25th, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$3,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||May 25th, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Individuals - For-profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- NRCS Iowa's Easement Webpage
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Michele Devaney
Grants Management Specialist
NRCS Grants Management Specialist
- More Grants from the Natural Resources Conservation Service
- • Announcement for Program Funding for NRCS’ Feral Swine Eradication and Control Pilot...
- • Announcement for Program Funding for NRCS’s Regional Conservation Partnership Progra...
- • NRCS easement programs restoration and stewardship assistance.
- • Watershed Assessments for the National Water Quality Initiative
- • Cooperative Conservation Agreements, Fiscal Year 2020 Announcement for Funding - Massachus...