Assistive Technology Alternative Financing Program
The summary for the Assistive Technology Alternative Financing Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration for Community Living, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Assistive Technology Alternative Financing Program: The purpose of the Assistive Technology (AT) Alternative Financing Program (AFP) is to support programs that provide for the purchase of AT devices, such as a low-interest loan fund, an interest buy-down program, a revolving loan fund, a loan guarantee, or an insurance program. The Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2020 (the Act) requires that applicants for these grants provide an assurance that, and information describing the manner in which, the AFP will expand and emphasize consumer choice and control. The Act provides that applicants should incorporate credit-building activities in their programs, including financial education and information about other possible funding sources. Successful applicants must emphasize consumer choice and control and build programs that will provide financing for the full array of AT devices and services and ensure that all people with disabilities, regardless of type of disability or health condition, age, level of income, and residence, have access to the program.
|Federal Grant Title:||Assistive Technology Alternative Financing Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration for Community Living (HHS-ACL)|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2020-ACL-CIP-ATTF-0426|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 15th, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 15th, 2020|
|Posted Date:||March 17th, 2020|
|Creation Date:||March 17th, 2020|
|Archive Date:||June 14th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,973,415|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$700,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||3|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||March 17th, 2020|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- State agencies and community-based disability organizations that are directed by and operated for individuals with disabilities shall be eligible to compete. Foreign entities are not eligible to compete for, or receive, awards made under this announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Robert Groenendaal
- More Grants from the Administration for Community Living
- • Traumatic Brain Injury State Partnership Program
- • Centers for Independent Living Competition - American Samoa
- • Rehabilitation Engineering Research Centers (RERC) Program: RERC on Universal Access to In...
- • Rehabilitation Research and Training Center (RRTC) on Disability Statistics and Demographi...
- • Disaster Assistance for University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities Ed...