BJA FY 20 Paul Coverdell Forensic Science Improvement Grants Program
The summary for the BJA FY 20 Paul Coverdell Forensic Science Improvement Grants Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Justice Assistance, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BJA FY 20 Paul Coverdell Forensic Science Improvement Grants Program: This program seeks to improve forensic science and medical examiner/coroner services, including services provided by laboratories operated by States and units of local government. Among other things, funds may be used to eliminate a backlog in the analysis of forensic evidence and to train and employ forensic laboratory personnel, as needed, to eliminate such a backlog. The Coverdell Act requires that 15 percent of program funds be awarded competitively. These competitive funds may be awarded to SAAs or dispersed directly to units of local government based on the merits of the respective applications. This solicitation will fund competitive awards only.
|Federal Grant Title:||BJA FY 20 Paul Coverdell Forensic Science Improvement Grants Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Justice Assistance (USDOJ-OJP-BJA)|
|Grant Categories:||Employment, Labor and Training, Humanities (see "Cultural Affairs" in CFDA), Information and Statistics, Law, Justice and Legal Services, Science and Technology and other Research and Development|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||BJA-2020-18433|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||June 19th, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||June 19th, 2020|
|Posted Date:||April 20th, 2020|
|Creation Date:||April 20th, 2020|
|Archive Date:||July 19th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$250,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||20|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||April 20th, 2020|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- For technical assistance with submitting an application, contact the Grants.gov Customer Support Hotline at 800–518–4726 or 606–545–5035, at https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/support.html, or at email@example.com. The Grants.gov Support Hotline operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, except on federal holidays.
An applicant that experiences unforeseen Grants.gov technical issues beyond its control that prevent it from submitting its application by the deadline must email the contact identified below within 24 hours after the application deadline to request approval to submit its application after the deadline. Additional information on reporting technical issues appears under “Experiencing Unforeseen Grants.gov Technical Issues” in the How To Apply (Grants.gov) section in the OJP Grant Application Resource Guide.
For assistance with any unforeseen Grants.gov technical issues beyond an applicant’s control that prevent it from submitting its application by the deadline, or any other requirement of this solicitation, contact the National Criminal Justice Reference Service (NCJRS) Response Center: toll-free at 800–851–3420; via TTY at 301–240–6310 (hearing impaired only); email firstname.lastname@example.org; fax to 301–240–5830; or web chat at https://webcontact.ncjrs.gov/ncjchat/chat.jsp. The NCJRS Response Center hours of operation are 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. eastern time, Monday through Friday, and 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. eastern time on the solicitation close date.
Technical Application Assistance
- Similar Government Grants
- • Paul Coverdell Forensic Science Improvement Grants Program- COMPETITIVE, FY 2019
- • NIJ FY18 Paul Coverdell Forensic Science Improvement Grants Program- COMPETITIVE
- • NIJ FY17 Paul Coverdell Forensic Science Improvement Grants Program (Competitive)
- More Grants from the Bureau of Justice Assistance
- • BJA FY 20 Law Enforcement Training & Technical Assistance Response Center
- • BJA FY 20 State, Local, Tribal, and Territorial Information Sharing Technical Assistance P...
- • BJA FY 20 Innovative Prosecution Solutions for Combatting Violent Crime
- • BJA FY 20 Sexual Assault Forensic Evidence - Inventory, Tracking, and Reporting Program
- • BJA FY 20 Prosecuting Cold Cases Using DNA