BJA FY 23 Improving Substance Use Disorder Treatment and Recovery Outcomes for Adults in Reentry
The summary for the BJA FY 23 Improving Substance Use Disorder Treatment and Recovery Outcomes for Adults in Reentry grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Justice Assistance, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BJA FY 23 Improving Substance Use Disorder Treatment and Recovery Outcomes for Adults in Reentry: OJP is committed to advancing work that promotes civil rights and racial equity, increases access to justice, supports crime victims and individuals impacted by the justice system, strengthens community safety and protects the public from crime and evolving threats, and builds trust between law enforcement and the community.With this program, BJA supports states, units of local government, tribal governments, and nonprofit organizations to establish, expand, or improve evidence-based, culturally relevant programs to address the substance use disorder (SUD) treatment and recovery support needs of people, including parents of minor children and pregnant/postpartum women, during incarceration and reentry in an effort to reduce recidivism, expand access to evidence-based treatment, promote long-term recovery, and, in the process, improve public safety and public health. Please note that community-based nonprofit organizations, including culturally specific organizations, are eligible and encouraged to apply under this program in partnership with correctional agencies. For additional information on requirements, see the "Objectives" section of this solicitation. BJA also supports efforts to address the overdose crisis—in confinement and upon reentry—and increase the provision of evidence-based SUD treatment, including medication-assisted treatment (MAT), which is the which is the use of medications in combination with counseling and behavioral therapies.The Improving Substance Use Disorder Treatment and Recovery Outcomes for Adults in Reentry Program is part of the Second Chance Act suite of program in FY 2023. This year, a range of programs for states, local government units, tribal governments, and nonprofit organizations are being competed, including: Community Reentry Crisis Stabilization and Community Reentry Improving Adult Reentry, Education, and Employment Outcomes Improving Substance Use Disorder Treatment and Recovery Outcomes for Adults in Reentry Pay for Success Smart Supervision Swift, Certain, and Fair Supervision and HOPE InstituteAdditionally, the Comprehensive Opioid, Stimulant, and Substance Abuse Site-Based Program, the Residential Substance Abuse Treatment Program for State Prisoners, and the Justice and Mental Health Collaboration Program are three other BJA programs that support the provision of behavioral health treatment and services to individuals during and after incarceration. Not all entities are eligible for all programs. Applicants are encouraged to review each solicitation in its entirety to determine their eligibility, if it fits their proposal, and if taking advantage of another funding opportunity could further enhance a comprehensive approach to supporting individuals with substance use and other co-occurring disorders treatment and recovery support needs that have come in contact with the justice system. Additional details on the SCA suite and other BJA programs can be found on the DOJ Grants Program Plan.
|Federal Grant Title:||BJA FY 23 Improving Substance Use Disorder Treatment and Recovery Outcomes for Adults in Reentry|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Justice Assistance (USDOJ-OJP-BJA)|
|Grant Categories:||Humanities (see "Cultural Affairs" in CFDA)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||O-BJA-2023-171537|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||March 28th, 2023|
|Original Application Deadline:||March 28th, 2023|
|Posted Date:||January 31st, 2023|
|Creation Date:||January 31st, 2023|
|Archive Date:||October 12th, 2023|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,125,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||February 1st, 2023|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- For assistance with the requirements of this solicitation, contact the OJP Response Center at 800-851-3420, 301-240-6310 (TTY for hearing-impaired callers only), or email@example.com. The OJP Response Center operates from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. eastern time (ET) Monday-Friday, and 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET on the solicitation close date.
- Similar Government Grants
- • BJA FY 23 Smart Reentry: Expanding Jail Programs and Services
- • OJJDP FY 2023 Second Chance Act Youth Reentry Program
- • BJA FY 23 Second Chance Act Community-based Reentry Incubator Initiative
- • BJA FY 23 Second Chance Act Community-Based Reentry Program
- • BJA FY 23 Second Chance Act Pay for Success Program
- • Second Chance Act Adult and Juvenile Offender Reentry Demonstration Projects
- • FY 2010 Second Chance Act Mentoring Grants to Nonprofit Organizations
- • BJA FY 10 Second Chance Act State, Local, and Tribal Reentry Courts
- More Grants from the Bureau of Justice Assistance
- • BJA FY 23 Prison Rape Elimination Act Resource Center
- • BJA FY 23 Smart Reentry: Expanding Jail Programs and Services
- • BJA FY 23 National Public Safety Partnership- Capacity Building Grant Limited Competition ...
- • BJA FY 23 Intellectual Property Enforcement Program: Protecting Public Health, Safety, and...
- • BJA FY 23 Paul Coverdell Forensic Science Improvement Grants Program - Formula