BLM Alaska - 2017 Youth Opportunities to Work on Conservation Projects on Public Lands
The summary for the BLM Alaska - 2017 Youth Opportunities to Work on Conservation Projects on Public Lands grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BLM Alaska - 2017 Youth Opportunities to Work on Conservation Projects on Public Lands: The objective of this Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) is to offer opportunities for qualified youth conservation corps to engage youth ages 16-30 in work on BLM conservation-related projects. These projects will provide participants with a mix of work experience, education, training, and support services, as well as the opportunity to develop citizenship values and skills through service to their community and the United States. As the young men and women gain experience in natural and cultural resource management, they will also develop an appreciation for public lands and learn about conservation-related career fields. Projects made available under this NOFO are developed in collaboration with the BLM-Alaska Youth Program State Lead and District/Field Offices with an emphasis on providing valuable training and mentorship opportunities to youth. The BLM-Alaska is committed to connecting diverse youth to their public lands and natural and culture heritage through providing service projects, recreational experiences, and especially natural resource-based employment and educational opportunities, including scientific research. These projects provide the participants with real-world job skills training, education, mentorship and/or professional development, inspire interest in higher education /agency career paths and instill stewardship principles.
|Federal Grant Title:||BLM Alaska - 2017 Youth Opportunities to Work on Conservation Projects on Public Lands|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management (DOI-BLM)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L17AS00035|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||August 1st, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||August 1st, 2017|
|Posted Date:||February 28th, 2017|
|Creation Date:||February 28th, 2017|
|Archive Date:||December 31st, 2022|
|Total Program Funding:||$850,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$850,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||6|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
|Last Updated:||February 28th, 2017|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Click on related documents tabs
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grants Management Specialist Betty Conlon (907) 271-2816
L17AS00035 BLM Alaska - 2017 Youth Opportunities
- Similar Government Grants
- • Arizona BLM Youth Conservation Opportunities on Public Lands
- • BLM-ES, Youth Conservation Opportunities on Public Lands
- • BLM Utah Youth Conservation Opportunities on Public Lands
- • BLM CA Youth Conservation Opportunities on Public Lands
- • BLM NM Youth Conservation Opportunities on Public Lands
- • BLM-Idaho Shoshone-Paiute Tribes Youth Project - Development and Collection of Native Plan...
- • BLM Utah 2017 Youth Opportunities to Work on Conservation Projects on Utah Public Lands
- • BLM-CO Youth Corps Conservation Opportunities on Colorado's Public Lands
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...
- • NM Oil and Gas Inspection and Enforcement (I & E) Program
- • BLM FY2020 Bureau-wide Management Studies Support Program for National Conservation Lands