BLM-CO Expanding Recreational Access on Colorado's Public Lands, Royal Gorge Field Office
The summary for the BLM-CO Expanding Recreational Access on Colorado's Public Lands, Royal Gorge Field Office grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BLM-CO Expanding Recreational Access on Colorado's Public Lands, Royal Gorge Field Office: The Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) encompasses public lands within the Bureau of Land Management's Royal Gorge Field Office located in Colorado. BLM's Royal Gorge Field Office (RGFO) manages 687,000 acres of public lands, along with 3.3 million acres of mineral estate, from the continental divide to the west to the eastern boundary of the state. Public lands managed by the RGFO offer a variety of Colorado's recreation opportunities in close proximity to Front Range metropolitan cities, including rock climbing in Shelf Road Recreation Area and picnicking and visiting a swimming hole in Guffey Gorge Day-Use Area. Guffey Gorge is located approximately 12 miles east of Guffey, Colorado off of Park County Road 102. The vision this project is to build on the strength of the BLM's partnerships with national, regional, and local organizations who share our goals of providing sustainable recreation opportunities and lasting economic benefits to communities to benefit Guffey Gorge. Through this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA), the BLM desires a cooperator/partner to develop and implement a program that instills in the public the importance of the appropriate use of, and appreciation for our facilities, and natural and cultural resources and to encourage an attitude of stewardship and responsibility toward these lands, facilities, and resources; and to promote participation by individuals, organizations, and communities of a conservation ethic in caring for these lands, facilities, and resources. The Recipient will assist with developing and managing an outreach, education and volunteer stewardship program that promotes shared conservation stewardship and responsible use of recreational opportunities on the public lands.
|Federal Grant Title:||BLM-CO Expanding Recreational Access on Colorado's Public Lands, Royal Gorge Field Office|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management (DOI-BLM)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L18AS00085|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||August 29th, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||August 29th, 2018|
|Posted Date:||July 27th, 2018|
|Creation Date:||July 27th, 2018|
|Archive Date:||September 4th, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:||$80,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$40,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||July 27th, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Click on Related Documents tab above to download full announcement, instructions, and suggested templates. Click Package tab above to download SF424 forms.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Eleni Sarris (303) 239-3908
- Similar Government Grants
- • BLM Wyoming Recreation and Visitors Services
- • Montana/Dakotas Recreation and Visitors Services
- • BLM-CO Expanding Recreational Opportunities on Colorado's Public Lands
- • Nevada Recreation and Visitors Services
- • FY2020 BLM WO Recreation and Visitor Services Funding Opportunity Announcement
- • Henderson Trailhead Parking Lot Expansion
- • Outdoor Information Center
- • Ridge to Rivers
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM-CO Youth Conservation Opportunities on Public Lands
- • BLM-CO Abandoned Mine Lands Reclamation Project - San Luis Valley Field Office
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...