BLM OR/WA for Ely District, Nevada - Kern Mountain Landscape Restoration Stewardship Project
The summary for the BLM OR/WA for Ely District, Nevada - Kern Mountain Landscape Restoration Stewardship Project grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BLM OR/WA for Ely District, Nevada - Kern Mountain Landscape Restoration Stewardship Project: The principle objective of this project is to promote healthy landscapes while providing for the public's demand for biomass. The public also demands quality wildlife habitat to ensure species persistence and recreational opportunity into the future. In addition, healthy ecosystems provide more native forage for a wide variety of grazers including cattle, wild horses and other wildlife species. There are many non-governmental organizations and private corporations committed to assisting land and wildlife management agencies across the west to restore, protect and enhance wildlife habitats and populations. Restoration and enhancement of elk, deer, pronghorn, greater sage-grouse, and other sagebrush-steppe dependent wildlife habitat within the Ely District through implementation of this stewardship project will allow corporations and non-governmental organizations to utilize biomass for clean energy generation, pool financial resources, and ultimately, achieve the mutual goal of securing wildlife habitats for current and future publics.
|Federal Grant Title:||BLM OR/WA for Ely District, Nevada - Kern Mountain Landscape Restoration Stewardship Project|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management (DOI-BLM)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L11AS00190|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||September 2nd, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||September 2nd, 2011|
|Posted Date:||July 26th, 2011|
|Creation Date:||July 26th, 2011|
|Archive Date:||July 26th, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$451,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$451,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||August 13th, 2011|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Click on APPLICATION tab above to download full announcement instructions and application package.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Pamella Sterling, Grants Management Officer, 503-808-6221
Kern Mountain Landscape Restoration Stewardship Project
- Similar Government Grants
- • FY2020 Nevada Forests and Woodlands Resources Management
- • BLM-CO Forests and Woodlands Resource Management
- • BLM CA Forests and Woodlands Resource Management
- • OR/WA Forest and Woodlands Resource Management
- • BLM Utah Statewide Watershed Restoration Initiative
- • BLM ID Inland Empire Tree Improvement Coop
- • BLM WY Hooligan Springs Prescribed Fire Preparation
- • Remote Sensing and GIS to Estimate Pinyon Juniper Tree Density and Cover CESU Project
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM-CO Youth Conservation Opportunities on Public Lands
- • BLM-CO Abandoned Mine Lands Reclamation Project - San Luis Valley Field Office
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...