BLM-WO Outcomes-Focused Recreation and Community Assessment Project
The summary for the BLM-WO Outcomes-Focused Recreation and Community Assessment Project grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BLM-WO Outcomes-Focused Recreation and Community Assessment Project: In the last several decades, there has been a growing recognition of how much recreation contributes to the quality of life, economy, society, and environment. Advances in recreation management knowledge and practices have been responsible for the evolution from activity-based management to experience-based management and, recently, benefits-based management. Each transition built on the management framework of the previous. Within the BLM, benefits-based management has further transitioned to outcomes-focused management. Outcomes-focused management is defined as an approach to recreation management that focuses on the positive outcomes gained from engaging in recreational experiences. The fundamental concept of outcomes-focused management is that benefits endure beyond the onsite recreation experience attained by individuals. Those experiences and onsite benefits stay with the individual when they leave the recreation area and cumulatively lead to offsite beneficial outcomes to communities, economies, and the environment.
|Federal Grant Title:||BLM-WO Outcomes-Focused Recreation and Community Assessment Project|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management (DOI-BLM)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L17AS00165|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||August 14th, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||August 14th, 2017|
|Posted Date:||June 14th, 2017|
|Creation Date:||June 14th, 2017|
|Archive Date:||August 15th, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:||$450,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$90,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$10,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||June 14th, 2017|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Click on the full announcement link above to access the Funding Opportunity Document
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grants Management Specialist Brandon Riley (202) 912-7540
- Similar Government Grants
- • Blm Ca Recreation And Visitor Services
- • BLM (MT/Daks) Outdoor Recreation Management, Visual Resources, and Travel Management Progr...
- • BLM Arizona Recreation and Visitor Services
- • BLM-CO: Expanding Recreational Opportunities on Colorado's Public Lands
- • BLM NM Recreation and Visitors Services
- • Henderson Trailhead Parking Lot Expansion
- • Outdoor Information Center
- • Ridge to Rivers
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...
- • NM Oil and Gas Inspection and Enforcement (I & E) Program
- • BLM FY2020 Bureau-wide Management Studies Support Program for National Conservation Lands