BLM WY 2010 Take It Outside Wyoming Wilderness Camp
The summary for the BLM WY 2010 Take It Outside Wyoming Wilderness Camp grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BLM WY 2010 Take It Outside Wyoming Wilderness Camp: A. Project Background Information: This is the first year that the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) Wyoming State Office has partnered with the Wyoming Wilderness Camp and the Platte and Converse County School Districts in their outdoor learning sessions. It is important for local youth to be given environmental educational opportunities to develop a personal connection to their public land. The goal of the BLM field education programs is to promote stewardship and conservation of public lands by creating opportunities for students of all ages in the Platte and Converse counties to visit, explore and actively learn more about BLM public lands. The program topics include Leave No Trace, forest ecology, endangered species habitat, botanical diversity, cultural history, and natural resource careers. BLM specialists from the Wyoming State Office and Casper Field Office will interact with the students by conducting activities associated with the topics previously mentioned in an outdoor setting. BLM staff will also participate in classroom and local community follow-up exercises. B. Project Objective: In an effort to increase environmental stewardship and conservation of public lands in the Wyoming Wilderness Camp. The objective of this project is to connect youth to the outdoors and empower them to effect change across the state of Wyoming by inspiring other youth, parents, teachers, and decision-makers to take action. The term of this project is the summer of 2010. The BLM and Wyoming Wilderness Camp benefit from offering students from Platte and Converse County the opportunity to connect with the outdoors. C. Period of Agreement: This agreement shall become effective on the date of signature of the BLM Assistance Officer and shall remain in effect
|Federal Grant Title:||BLM WY 2010 Take It Outside Wyoming Wilderness Camp|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L10AS00094|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Recreation Resource Management|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jun 05, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 05, 2010|
|Posted Date:||May 24, 2010|
|Creation Date:||May 24, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Jul 31, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$10,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$10,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$10,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- This Funding Announcement is not a request for applications. This announcement is to provide public notice of the Bureau of Land Management's intention to fund the following project activities without full and open competition. BLM Wyoming intends to award the project to the Wyoming Wilderness Camp based on an unsolicited proposal received by the group.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Ilze J Karklins-Powers, Grants Management Officer, email@example.com
- Similar Government Grants
- • BLM Wyoming Recreation and Visitors Services
- • Montana/Dakotas Recreation and Visitors Services
- • BLM-CO Expanding Recreational Opportunities on Colorado's Public Lands
- • Nevada Recreation and Visitors Services
- • FY2020 BLM WO Recreation and Visitor Services Funding Opportunity Announcement
- • Henderson Trailhead Parking Lot Expansion
- • Outdoor Information Center
- • Ridge to Rivers
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM-CO Youth Conservation Opportunities on Public Lands
- • BLM-CO Abandoned Mine Lands Reclamation Project - San Luis Valley Field Office
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...