BLM WY Vegetation and Climate Change Workshops
The summary for the BLM WY Vegetation and Climate Change Workshops grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BLM WY Vegetation and Climate Change Workshops: A. Project Background Information: The University of Wyoming is in the process of developing climate change workshops to give public land managers better knowledge and understanding of the impacts of climate change on vegetative resources in Wyoming. This essential information will be conveyed thru a series of workshops set up for land managers in the upcoming year. B. Project Objective: Provide training in climate change impacts on vegetation management by developing and presenting the following workshops: 1-Two Living on the Edge integrating science into management of range-margin populations workshops to be co-sponsored with the Society of American Foresters. The workshops will discuss plant species ranges and potential changes due to changing climate to be held in Laramie and Cody/Thermopolis in November. 2- One mountain pine beetle workshop to be co-sponsored by multiple agencies which will deal with this widespread and insect infestation and management options in a changing. C. Period of Agreement: July 1, 2010 thru June 30, 2011
|Federal Grant Title:||BLM WY Vegetation and Climate Change Workshops|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L10AS00102|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Forests and Woodlands Resource Management|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jun 10, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 10, 2010|
|Posted Date:||May 24, 2010|
|Creation Date:||May 24, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Aug 15, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$10,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$10,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$10,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- This Funding Announcement is not a request for applications. This announcement is to provide public notice of the Bureau of Land Management's intention to fund the following project activities without full and open competition. Awarded will be made to the University of Wyoming.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Ilze J Karklins-Powers, Grants Management Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Similar Government Grants
- • FY2020 Nevada Forests and Woodlands Resources Management
- • BLM-CO Forests and Woodlands Resource Management
- • BLM CA Forests and Woodlands Resource Management
- • OR/WA Forest and Woodlands Resource Management
- • BLM Utah Statewide Watershed Restoration Initiative
- • BLM ID Inland Empire Tree Improvement Coop
- • BLM WY Hooligan Springs Prescribed Fire Preparation
- • Remote Sensing and GIS to Estimate Pinyon Juniper Tree Density and Cover CESU Project
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM-CO Youth Conservation Opportunities on Public Lands
- • BLM-CO Abandoned Mine Lands Reclamation Project - San Luis Valley Field Office
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...