BOEM FY 2015 Alaska Coastal Marine Institute
The summary for the BOEM FY 2015 Alaska Coastal Marine Institute grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management , which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BOEM FY 2015 Alaska Coastal Marine Institute: This Program Announcement provides the vehicle for the University of Alaska to submit proposals with matching funds to the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM) for consideration for funding in Fiscal Year 2015. This announcement provides general information on suitable topics for research. The Environmental Studies Program (ESP) of the BOEM is offering a cooperative agreement opportunity through the University of Alaska Coastal Marine Institute (CMI) to units within the University of Alaska system that have the ability to conduct research in topics that serve the public interest of safe and environmentally sound energy production and meet the goals of the BOEM. The most relevant studies will supply information to support analysis of the potential effects of offshore development, including oil spill risk analysis and mitigation of potential impacts to the human and biological environment. Results may be cited in Environmental Impact Statements and Environmental Assessments of 5-year leasing plans, offshore leases, exploration plans, and development plans in the Beaufort Sea, Chukchi Sea and Cook Inlet regions. Following the submission of letters of intent (LOI) from the University of Alaska, the BOEM, in discussion with representatives from the State of Alaska, have selected the following LOI topics for development of full proposals. This request is not a guarantee of funding. All proposals will be evaluated and ranked according to the evaluation criteria described below (Section V). Proposals that do not target these selected research areas will not be considered. 1.Kelp forest resilience and water temperature relationships: a combination retrospective and current laboratory study 2.Recovery, articulation, and permanent exhibition of a bowhead whale skeleton at the University of Alaska Museum of the North 3.Particle Dynamics in Cook Inlet4.Development of an autonomous carbon glider to monitor sea-air CO2 fluxes in the Chukchi Sea 5.Fate and persistence of oil spill response chemicals in arctic seawater 6.Alaska Monitoring and Assessment Program of Estuaries within the National Petroleum Reserve ¿ Alaska 7.Assessing King and Common Eider and Yellow-billed Loon Migration past Point Barrow
|Federal Grant Title:||BOEM FY 2015 Alaska Coastal Marine Institute|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (DOI-MMS)|
|Grant Categories:||Environment Natural Resources Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||M15AS00001|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||November 24th, 2014|
|Original Application Deadline:||November 24th, 2014|
|Posted Date:||October 23rd, 2014|
|Creation Date:||October 23rd, 2014|
|Archive Date:||December 24th, 2014|
|Total Program Funding:||$644,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$750,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$10,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||5|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
|Last Updated:||October 23rd, 2014|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Public and State Controlled Institutions of higher education
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Location of Program Announcement and Application Portal
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Dominique Bruce, Contract Specialist, 703-787-1342
- Similar Government Grants
- • AK-19-02 FY 2020 Alaska Coastal Marine Institute
- • FY 2020 Alaska Coastal Marine Institute
- • BOEM FY 2019 Alaska Coastal Marine Institute
- • BOEM FY 2017 Alaska Coastal Marine Institute
- • AK CMI
- • Alaska Coastal Marine Institute
- • MMS FY2009 Alaska Coastal Marine Institute
- More Grants from the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management
- • Microfossil Assemblage Analysis in Support of the Mississippi Offshore Sediment Resources ...
- • AK-20-06-Subsistence Harvest and Iñupiaq Knowledge of Beluga Whales for Kaktovik, Ala...
- • NT-20-05 : High Resolution Modeling of the Gulf of Mexico.
- • GM-17-11 Support for Streamlined Socioeconomic Impact Assessments of Offshore Energy Devel...
- • GM-20-01B Assessing the Impact of Seismic Airguns on Commercially and Recreationally-impor...