The summary for the Basinwide grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Reclamation Upper Colorado Region, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Basinwide: Reclamations UC Region is requesting applications for salinity control projects that reduce salinity contributions to the Colorado River system. Such applications may consist of projects to reduce salinity contributions originating from saline springs, leaking wells, irrigation sources, municipal and industrial sources, erosion of public and private land, or other sources.Only those irrigation-related projects that will reduce salt from delivery systems will be considered, e.g., canals, ditches, or laterals. Joint or integrated project applications that include costs and tons of salt from on-farm application systems will not be considered. Such projects should be referred to the USDA-NRCS Environmental Quality Incentives Program. However, projects that enable on-farm work may be given a higher rating as detailed in the evaluation criteria.
|Federal Grant Title:||Basinwide|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Reclamation Upper Colorado Region|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||R12SF40034|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Colorado River Basin Salinity Control Program|
|Current Application Deadline:||Nov 16, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||Nov 16, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Aug 01, 2012|
|Creation Date:||Sep 27, 2012|
|Archive Date:||Nov 17, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:||$25,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$6,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||10|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Lila Duffin Grant Specialist Phone 801-524-3647
Bureau of Reclamation [email@example.com]
- Similar Government Grants
- • GJO Horsethief Canyon SWA Grant Renewal (HCSWA)
- • Basinwide & Basin States Salinity Control Programs
- • Paradox Valley Unit Brine Reduction Demonstration Testing
- • Salinity Control Projects, State of Colorado
- • Colorado River Basinwide Salinity Control Program
- • Washington County Water Supply Study
- • Salt Loading Studies
- More Grants from the Bureau of Reclamation Upper Colorado Region
- • Hopi Participation in the Long-Term Experimental and Management Plan for the Glen Canyon D...
- • Long Term Experimental and Management Plan (LTEMP) Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) Pa...
- • Analysis of Potential San Juan Ecosystem Restoration Sites and Hazardous Material Threats
- • Paiute Participation in the Long-Term Experimental and Management Plan for the Glen Canyon...
- • Design, Construction and Construction Oversight for the Reaches 24.1, 25 and 26 of the Nav...