Beta Cell Biology Consortium (U01)
The summary for the Beta Cell Biology Consortium (U01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Beta Cell Biology Consortium (U01): The National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases invite new U01 applications to participate in a consortium of investigators and institutions, the Beta Cell Biology Consortium (BCBC); http://www.betacell.org. The BCBC will work collaboratively to generate resources that will facilitate research to 1) understand how endogenous beta cells are made by studying pancreatic development, with the hope of making pancreatic islets in culture 2) explore the potential of animal and/or human stem cells (embryonic or adult; if human embryonic, only NIH approved hES cell lines may be used) as a source for making pancreatic islets, and 3) determine the basic mechanisms underlying beta cell regeneration in the adult as a basis for producing new cellular therapies for diabetes. The BCBC will be responsible for collaboratively generating necessary reagents, mouse strains, antibodies, assays, protocols, and technologies that are beyond the scope of any single research effort.
|Federal Grant Title:||Beta Cell Biology Consortium (U01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-DK-04-018|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Nov 19, 2004|
|Posted Date:||Jun 28, 2004|
|Creation Date:||Jun 28, 2004|
|Archive Date:||Dec 19, 2004|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments County governments City or township governments Special district governments Independent school districts Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education For profit organizations other than small businesses Small businesses
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Understanding the Functional Contributions and Mechanisms of Type 2 Diabetes Disease-assoc...
- • Limited Competition for the Accelerating Medicines Partnership (AMP) in Type 2 Diabetes Kn...
- • NIDDK Hematology Central Coordinating Center (U24 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Bioinformatics Interdisciplinary Postdoctoral Fellowship in Diabetes, Endocrinology and Me...
- • Bioinformatics Interdisciplinary Predoctoral Fellowship in Diabetes, Endocrinology and Met...
- • Proteomic and Metabolomic Approaches to Diagnose Diabetes and Pre-Diabetes
- • Molecular Therapy Core Centers
- • Pilot and Feasibility Program in Human Islet Biology
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...