Bipartisan Infrastructure Law: Additional Clean Hydrogen Programs (Section 40314): Regional Clean Hydrogen Hubs Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA)
The summary for the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law: Additional Clean Hydrogen Programs (Section 40314): Regional Clean Hydrogen Hubs Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Golden Field Office, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Bipartisan Infrastructure Law: Additional Clean Hydrogen Programs (Section 40314): Regional Clean Hydrogen Hubs Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA): Initial Posting: The U.S. Department of Energy is releasing this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) to solicit Regional Clean Hydrogen Hubs (H2Hubs) in accordance with the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA), also known as the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law (BIL). This $8 billion program will support the development of H2Hubs that demonstrate the production, processing, delivery, storage, and end-use of clean hydrogen, in support of the Biden Administration's goal to achieve a carbon-free electric grid by 2035 and a net zero emissions economy by 2050.The H2Hubs will form the foundation of a national clean hydrogen network that substantially reduces the nation's environmental impact across several sectors of the economy. Matching the scale up of clean hydrogen production to a growing regional demand is a key pathway to achieving large-scale, commercially viable hydrogen ecosystems. H2Hubs will enable this pathway by demonstrating low-carbon intensity and economically viable hydrogen-based energy ecosystems that can replace existing carbon-intensive processes. This will accelerate the deployment of these technologies, attract greater investments from the private sector, and promote substantial U.S. manufacturing of all types of hydrogen related technologies.Section 40314 of the IIJA (Public Law 117-58) (enacted on November 15, 2021) amended the Energy Policy Act of 2005 to add a new section 813 which establishes the program for Regional Clean Hydrogen Hubs. Under this statutory authority, the Secretary of Energy shall select at least 4 regional clean hydrogen hubs using several criteria articulated in the statute. These selection criteria include: (1) feedstock diversity; (2) end-use diversity; (3) geographic diversity; (4) hubs in natural gas-producing regions; (5) employment; and (6) any additional criteria that are necessary or appropriate in the judgement of the Secretary. Further details about these statutory selection criteria are in section 813 of EPACT 2005 (codified at 42 U.S.C. § 16161a). H2Hubs will include numerous partners that will bring together diverse technologies producing and utilizing large amounts of hydrogen in different ways. These clean hydrogen hubs will demonstrate balanced hydrogen supply and demand, connective infrastructure, and a plan to financial viability after the DOE funding has ended. The H2Hubs will also include substantial engagement of Tribes as well as local and regional stakeholders to ensure that they generate local, regional, and national benefits. Amendment 000001: • In Section IV.D.i and Section IV.D.viii of the FOA, the total page limit for Community Partnership Documentation was eliminated and the page limit for each letter/submission from community partners was increased from 1 page to 3 pages. • Section IV.D.xiv (DOE Work Proposal for DOE/NNSA FFRDC) was removed and replaced with “Not Applicable”. The funding for the FFRDC sub-recipients will flow through the prime recipient; therefore, a DOE work proposal is not required (not applicable).
|Federal Grant Title:||Bipartisan Infrastructure Law: Additional Clean Hydrogen Programs (Section 40314): Regional Clean Hydrogen Hubs Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Golden Field Office (DOE-GFO)|
|Grant Categories:||Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||DE-FOA-0002779|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||April 7th, 2023|
|Original Application Deadline:||April 7th, 2023|
|Posted Date:||September 22nd, 2022|
|Creation Date:||September 22nd, 2022|
|Archive Date:||May 7th, 2023|
|Total Program Funding:||$7,000,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,250,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$400,000,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||10|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
|Last Updated:||November 23rd, 2022|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Standard EERE language on eligibility applies.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- OCED Funding Opportunity Exchange
- Grant Announcement Contact
- H2Hubs FOA Mailbox
Click to email contact
- Similar Government Grants
- • Bipartisan Infrastructure Law - Clean Energy Demonstration Program on Current and Former M...
- • Industrial Decarbonization and Emissions Reduction Demonstration-to-Deployment Funding Opp...
- • Bipartisan Infrastructure Law: Energy Improvement in Rural or Remote Areas Funding Opportu...
- • Bipartisan Infrastructure Law Carbon Capture Large-Scale Pilot Projects Funding Opportunit...
- • Bipartisan Infrastructure Law Carbon Capture Demonstration Projects Program Funding Opport...
- • BIL: Carbon Capture Demonstration Projects Program FRONT-END ENGINEERING DESIGN STUDIES FO...
- • Bipartisan Infrastructure Law (BIL), Request for Information (RFI): Energy Improvements in...
- • Bipartisan Infrastructure Law: Long-duration Energy Storage Demonstrations Funding Opportu...
- More Grants from the Golden Field Office
- • Domestic Near Net Shape Manufacturing to Enable a Clean and Competitive Economy
- • Transitioning Tribal Colleges And Universities To Clean Energy - 2023
- • De-foa-0003065: Notice Of Intent To Issue Bipartisan Infrastructure Law (bil) Funding Oppo...
- • Bipartisan Infrastructure Law: Industrial Assessment Center (IAC) Program - IACs at Trade ...
- • DE-FOA-0003064 Notice of Intent to Issue Funding Opportunity Announcement No. DE-FOA-00029...