Building Effective Civic Engagement
The summary for the Building Effective Civic Engagement grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Georgia USAID Tbilisi, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Building Effective Civic Engagement: The project will undertake activities to encourage effective civic engagement by strengthening the advocacy and watchdog roles of CSOs, improving their ability to carry out public policy analysis, and helping develop networks of CSOs throughout Georgia while strengthening CSOs' connections to media, political parties, and constituencies. For effective civic engagement, CSOs should exhibit a clear relevance to society, and be transparent and accountable. Their transparency and accountability rest on their ability to maintain their internal operation in a professional manner according to widely accepted business operations standards, and to make their financial records publicly available. This project will provide support in addressing both the internal organizational capacity as well as the technical capacity of CSOs through consistent and targeted organizational development efforts.
|Federal Grant Title:||Building Effective Civic Engagement|
|Federal Agency Name:||Georgia USAID Tbilisi|
|Type of Opportunity:||Mandatory|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-114-10-000002|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||USAID Foreign Assistance for Programs Overseas|
|Current Application Deadline:||Apr 01, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Apr 01, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Feb 16, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Mar 12, 2010|
|Archive Date:||May 01, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$13,280,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$13,280,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Category Explanation
- The overall goal of the "Building Effective Civic Engagement" Program is to help create a more balanced and effective public oversight of and engagement with the government by strengthening Georgia's Civil Society sector.
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Irina Bakradze Acquisition Agent USAID/Caucasus Regional Contracting Office Phone 544000
- Similar Government Grants
- • Youth Empowerment Activity
- • Country Health Information Systems and Data Use (CHISU)
- • GIR'ITEKA (Be Respected) Health Activity
- • Input into Planning for USAID/Lebanon Office of Economic Growth on Trade and Financial Inc...
- • USAID/Senegal School Water Integrated Solutions for Health
- • Textbook and Learning Materials Program
- • Field-Support Program
- • FY-2005 Disaster Response Initiative in Northeast Sudan
- More Grants from the Georgia USAID Tbilisi
- • Achieving Student Centered Education for a New Tomorrow - ASCENT
- • Living Independently and Be Included in the Community (LIBC)
- • Georgia Elections and Political Processes Support through Direct Awards to Georgia's Civil...
- • Request for Information
- • The Strengthening Physical Rehabilitation in Georgia (SPRING) Activity in Georgia