CRCP Fishery Management Council Coral Reef Conservation Cooperative Agreements
The summary for the CRCP Fishery Management Council Coral Reef Conservation Cooperative Agreements grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Commerce, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
CRCP Fishery Management Council Coral Reef Conservation Cooperative Agreements: The CRCP Fishery Management Council Coral Reef Conservation Cooperative Agreements (FMCCRCCA) provides funding to the Regional Fishery Management Councils for projects to conserve and manage coral reef fisheries, as authorized under the Coral Reef Conservation Act of 2000. Projects funded through the FMCCRCCA competition are for activities that (1) Provide better scientific information on the status of coral reef fisheries resources, critical habitats of importance to coral reef fishes, and the impacts of fishing on these species and habitats; (2) identify new management approaches that protect coral reef biodiversity and ecosystem function through regulation of fishing and other extractive uses; and (3) incorporate conservation and sustainable management measures into existing or new fishery management plans for coral reef species. Proposals selected for funding through this solicitation will be implemented through a multi- year cooperative agreement. The role of NOAA in these cooperative agreements is to help identify potential projects that reduce impacts of fishing on coral reef ecosystems, strengthen the development and implementation of the projects, and assist in coordination of these efforts with state, territory or commonwealth management authorities and various coral reef user groups. Approximately $1,500,000 is expected to be available for FMCCRCCA in fiscal year 2011. The NOAA Coral Reef Conservation Program anticipates that awards for this competition will range from $125,000-$700,000 per a year.
|Federal Grant Title:||CRCP Fishery Management Council Coral Reef Conservation Cooperative Agreements|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Commerce|
|Grant Categories:||Environment Natural Resources Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NOAA-NMFS-HCPO-2011-2002620|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Regional Fishery Management Councils|
|Current Application Deadline:||Nov 01, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Nov 01, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Jul 23, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Jul 23, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Dec 01, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$700,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants are limited to the Caribbean Fishery Management Council, the Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council, the South Atlantic Fishery Management Council, and the Western Pacific Regional Fishery Management Council.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Steve Drescher Policy Advisor
For application download issues only. [email@example.com]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Fishery Management Council Coral Reef Conservation Cooperative Agreements
- • FY14-16 CRCP Fishery Management Council Coral Reef Conservation Cooperative Agreements
- • Projects to Improve or Amend Coral Reef Fishery
- • Projects to Improve or Amend Coral Reef Fishery Management Plans
- • NOAA Coral Reef Conservation Grant Program/Projects to Improve or Amend Coral Reef Fishery...
- More Grants from the Department of Commerce
- • National Sea Grant College Program 2020 Special Projects
- • Accelerate R2 Network Challenge - FINAL
- • Environmental Literacy Grants: Supporting the education of K-12 students and the public fo...
- • National Competitive Harmful Algal Bloom Programs
- • 2020 Pacific Northwest Bay-Watershed Education and Training