Cancer Surveillance Using Health Claims-based Data System (R21)
The summary for the Cancer Surveillance Using Health Claims-based Data System (R21) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Cancer Surveillance Using Health Claims-based Data System (R21): Purpose. This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA), issued by the National Cancer Institute (NCI), encourages grant applications for research entailing the use of health claims data for cancer surveillance. Cancer surveillance may include assessment of patterns of care, quality, and outcomes of care, and health disparities across the continuum of treatment. The objective of this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is to encourage R21 grant applications from individuals who are interested in carrying out exploratory/ developmental research projects that are designed to expand our understanding of the validity of and methods needed to use claims data for cancer surveillance. Responses to this FOA may also include pilot analyses needed to provide preliminary data for larger grant proposals. Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the NIH exploratory/developmental (R21) grant mechanism and runs in parallel with two other FOAs of identical scientific scope, that encourages applications under the R01 (PA-09-145) and the R03 (PA-09-143) mechanisms.
|Federal Grant Title:||Cancer Surveillance Using Health Claims-based Data System (R21)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-09-144|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Research on Healthcare Costs, Quality and Outcomes|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 07, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 07, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Apr 03, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Apr 03, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Jun 07, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$275,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Medication Safety: Advancing the Development of Improvement Strategies and Tools (R18)
- • AHRQ Health Services Research Project: Partners Enabling Diagnostic Excellence (R01)
- • Using Data Analytics to Support Primary Care and Community Interventions to Improve Chroni...
- • Patient Safety Learning Laboratories (2019): Pursuing Safety in Diagnosis and Treatment at...
- • Screening and Management of Unhealthy Alcohol Use in Primary Care: Dissemination and Imple...
- • Small Grant Program for Conference Support (R13)
- • Ahrq Health Services Research
- • Ahrq Grant Program for Large Conference Support
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...