Centers of Excellence in Chemical Methodologies and Library Development
The summary for the Centers of Excellence in Chemical Methodologies and Library Development grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Centers of Excellence in Chemical Methodologies and Library Development: The purpose of this RFA is to reannounce and to update the National Institute of General Medical Sciences (NIGMS) program of "Centers of Excellence in Chemical Methodologies and Library Development" (CMLD Centers), last issued as RFA-GM-01-006 in June 2001. The goal of this program is to stimulate the establishment of multi- investigator research centers whose mission will be to develop efficient, general, state-of-the-art methodologies for the design, synthesis, analysis, and handling of chemical diversity libraries. The CMLD Centers will feature collaborations and team approaches that otherwise would not be established, including individuals from various subdisciplines within the field of chemistry and/or from cognate fields, that will develop novel enabling methodologies. Each Center will establish a library synthesis core facility that will serve two purposes. First, the library synthesis core will validate newly-developed methodologies for application to diversity-oriented synthesis (also known as combinatorial chemistry). Second, the library synthesis core will apply newly-developed chemical methodologies and strategies to the generation of chemical diversity libraries for high- throughput biological screening. This will provide "real world" tests of the utility of new methodologies and will also facilitate the study of complex biological phenomena. Each Center must develop a plan for outreach to the biology research community. The essential goals of the CMLD Centers program are to discover and to implement fundamental new chemistry that will facilitate access to high-quality libraries of expanded diversity.
|Federal Grant Title:||Centers of Excellence in Chemical Methodologies and Library Development|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-GM-03-004|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Biomedical Research and Research Training|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Feb 20, 2003|
|Posted Date:||Dec 21, 2002|
|Creation Date:||Mar 22, 2003|
|Archive Date:||Mar 22, 2003|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments County governments City or township governments Special district governments Independent school districts Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education For profit organizations other than small businesses Small businesses
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster OERWebmaster@od.nih.gov NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Innovative Programs to Enhance Research Training (IPERT) (R25 - Independent Clinical Trial...
- • Maximizing Investigators' Research Award (R35 - Clinical Trial Optional)
- • Institutional Research and Academic Career Development Awards (IRACDA) (K12 - Independent ...
- • Maximizing Opportunities for Scientific and Academic Independent Careers (MOSAIC) Postdoct...
- • Maximizing Opportunities for Scientific and Academic Independent Careers (MOSAIC) Institut...
- • Tools for Genetic and Genomic Studies in Emerging Model Organisms
- • Evolution of Infectious Diseases
- • Mbrs Support of Continuous Research Excellence (Score)
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...