Charter Schools Program (CSP)
The summary for the Charter Schools Program (CSP) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Headquarters and Regional Offices, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Charter Schools Program (CSP): Note: Each funding opportunity description is a synopsis of information in the Federal Register application notice. For specific information about eligibility, please see the official application notice. The official version of this document is the document published in the Federal Register. Free Internet access to the official edition of the Federal Register and the Code of Federal Regulations is available on GPO Access at: http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/index.html. Eligible Applicants: (a) State educational agencies (SEAs) in States with a State statute specifically authorizing the establishment of charter schools may apply for funding. (b) Non-SEA eligible applicants may apply for funding directly from the U.S. Department of Education (Department) if the SEA in the State elects not to participate in the CSP or does not have an application approved under the program. Purpose of Program: The purpose of the CSP is to increase national understanding of the charter school model and to expand the number of high-quality charter schools available to students across the Nation by providing financial assistance for the planning, program design, and initial implementation of charter schools and for evaluating the effects of charter schools, including the effects on students, student academic achievement, staff, and parents. The Department will hold three (3) separate competitions under this program. All SEA applicants must apply for grant funds under CFDA No. 84.282A. Non-SEA eligible applicants that propose to use grant funds for planning, program design, and implementation must apply under CFDA No. 84.282B. Non-SEA eligible applicants that are requesting funds for dissemination activities must submit their applications under CFDA No. 84.282C. CFDA Number: 84.282A, 84.282B, and 84.282C--Office of Innovation and Improvement; Charter Schools Program (CSP).
|Federal Grant Title:||Charter Schools Program (CSP)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Headquarters and Regional Offices|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||ED-GRANTS-122403-003|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Charter Schools|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Feb 19, 2004|
|Posted Date:||Dec 24, 2003|
|Creation Date:||Mar 20, 2004|
|Archive Date:||Mar 20, 2004|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments Independent school districts Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Cotton, Julius, ED FedGrants Administrator, Phone (202) 708-8562, Fax (202) 205-0667, Email firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com Cotton, Julius
- Similar Government Grants
- • Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE): Charter Schools Program (CSP): Expand...
- • Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE): Charter Schools Program (CSP): Grants...
- • Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE): Expanding Opportunity Through Quality...
- • Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE): Charter School Programs (CSP): Charte...
- • Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE): Charter School Programs Charter Schoo...
- • State Charter School Facilities Incentive Grants Program
- • Office of Innovation and Improvement -- Public Charter Schools Program
- • Charter School Program
- More Grants from the Headquarters and Regional Offices
- • Special Focus Competition: European Community-United States of America Cooperation Program...
- • Early Reading First Program
- • Teaching American History Grant Program
- • Small Business Innovation Research Program--Phase I
- • Strengthening Institutions (SIP), American Indian Tribally Controlled Colleges and Univers...