Child Welfare Training: Curriculum Development and Evaluation for Healthy Marriage and Relationship Education
The summary for the Child Welfare Training: Curriculum Development and Evaluation for Healthy Marriage and Relationship Education grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration for Children and Families, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Child Welfare Training: Curriculum Development and Evaluation for Healthy Marriage and Relationship Education: The Children's Bureau announces the availability of funds and requests applications for one cooperative agreement to develop, field test, revise, implement, evaluate, and disseminate a competency and experientially-based training curriculum for training child welfare professionals. This curriculum will address healthy marriage and relationship skills for populations underserved in the general population and overrepresented in the child welfare system. The Children's Bureau is particularly interested in the evaluation of the effectiveness of the curriculum and the possible expansion, replication and dissemination of the curriculum on a national level.
|Federal Grant Title:||Child Welfare Training: Curriculum Development and Evaluation for Healthy Marriage and Relationship Education|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration for Children and Families|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2008-ACF-ACYF-CT-0057|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Child Welfare Services Training Grants|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 07, 2008|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 07, 2008|
|Posted Date:||May 07, 2008|
|Creation Date:||May 07, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Aug 06, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:||$250,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$250,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Additional eligibility types: Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) Eligible applicants must offer accredited graduate level education programs in the social sciences, such as social work, human services, child development or other accredited graduate level programs leading to a degree relevant to work in child welfare. Applicants must also present documented evidence that they have secured commitments from public child welfare agencies to jointly develop and/or improve existing staff training and retention systems. Collaborative efforts are acceptable and encouraged; however, the institution of higher education will be the primary applicant responsible for administering the grant. In addition to its partnership with one or more child welfare agencies, the grantee is expected to partner closely in its cooperative agreement with CB and to collaborate with the National Healthy Marriage Resource Center, the Fatherhood Clearinghouse, the National Quality Improvement Center on Non-Resident Fathers, and other relevant entities in the development of the curriculum. Applications must include documented, formal partnerships, third-party agreements, or Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs) with partnering organizations. Foreign entities are not eligible under this announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Julie LeeJulie.Lee@acf.hhs.gov
Julie Lee [Julie.Lee@acf.hhs.gov]
- Similar Government Grants
- • National Child Welfare Capacity Building Center for Tribes
- • Child Welfare Training: The National Child Welfare Workforce Institute
- • Child Welfare Training: The National Center for Child Welfare Curriculum Development on Ev...
- • Opportunity HHS-2010-ACF-ACYF-CT-0022
- • Child Welfare Training: National Child Welfare Workforce Initiatives
- More Grants from the Administration for Children and Families
- • Grants to Address Trafficking within the Child Welfare Population
- • Affordable Care Act Tribal Personal Responsibility Education Program for Teen Pregnancy Pr...
- • Basic Center Program
- • Street Outreach Program
- • Standing Announcement for Tribal Title IV-E Plan Development Grants