Collaborative Interdisciplinary Research Program in Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolic Diseases (R24)
The summary for the Collaborative Interdisciplinary Research Program in Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolic Diseases (R24) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Collaborative Interdisciplinary Research Program in Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolic Diseases (R24): The complexity and pace of biomedical science often requires input and expertise from many more than one investigator. Currently support for collaborative research takes the form of a large R01 with one Principal Investigator (PI) and one or more key personnel,, a multi-PI R01, or a Program Project Grant (P01) with 3 or more individual and independent projects and cores centered on a common theme, or a Center supporting a focused set of activities. Other large research mechanisms often utilize cooperative agreements that also entail significant involvement of the NIH in the planning and execution of research objectives. In large collaborative studies synergies are built out of the interactions between and among the projects and investigators of these focused efforts. It is becoming clear that mechanism(s) to support collaborative (team) science in ways not amenable to the R01, P01, or Center are needed to address complex problems in biomedical sciences that require multiple and often different expertise. In 2003 the Bioengineering Consortium of the NIH held a workshop entitled Catalyzing Team Science that focused on the need to bring to bear multiple and differing expertise on problems that were of a complexity and scope that called for the need to apply a team approach to the problem.
|Federal Grant Title:||Collaborative Interdisciplinary Research Program in Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolic Diseases (R24)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-07-188|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to Full Announce|
|Posted Date:||Dec 19, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Dec 19, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Mar 24, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:||$750,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Small businesses For profit organizations other than small businesses Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are not eligible to apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Understanding the Functional Contributions and Mechanisms of Type 2 Diabetes Disease-assoc...
- • Limited Competition for the Accelerating Medicines Partnership (AMP) in Type 2 Diabetes Kn...
- • NIDDK Hematology Central Coordinating Center (U24 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Bioinformatics Interdisciplinary Postdoctoral Fellowship in Diabetes, Endocrinology and Me...
- • Bioinformatics Interdisciplinary Predoctoral Fellowship in Diabetes, Endocrinology and Met...
- • Proteomic and Metabolomic Approaches to Diagnose Diabetes and Pre-Diabetes
- • Molecular Therapy Core Centers
- • Pilot and Feasibility Program in Human Islet Biology
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...