Colorado State Component - CIG
The summary for the Colorado State Component - CIG grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Natural Resources Conservation Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Colorado State Component - CIG: The purpose of CIG is to stimulate the development and adoption of innovative conservation approaches and technologies while leveraging Federal investment in environmental enhancement and protection, in conjunction with agricultural production. CIG projects are expected to lead to the transfer of conservation technologies, management systems, and innovative approaches (such as market-based systems) into NRCS technical manuals or guides, or to the private sector. CIG does not fund research projects. It is a vehicle to stimulate the development and adoption of conservation approaches or technologies that have been studied sufficiently to indicate a high likelihood of success and to be candidates for eventual technology transfer. CIG funds projects targeting innovative on-the-ground conservation, including pilot projects and field demonstrations. NRCS in Colorado will accept applications for single or multi-year projects, not to exceed three years, submitted from eligible entities, including Federally-recognized Indian Tribes, State and local governments, and non-governmental organizations and individuals. Applications will only be considered for projects within Colorado. Complete applications will be evaluated by a technical peer review panel and scored based on the Criteria for Application Evaluation identified in this document.
|Federal Grant Title:||Colorado State Component - CIG|
|Federal Agency Name:||Natural Resources Conservation Service|
|Grant Categories:||Agriculture Environment Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||USDA-NRCS-CO-09-01|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Environmental Quality Incentives Program|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 18, 2009|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 18, 2009|
|Posted Date:||Mar 26, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Mar 26, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Jun 17, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$75,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||15|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Individuals - For profit organizations other than small businesses
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Tim Carney, Asst. State Conservationist USDA, NRCS 655 Parfet St., Rm. E200C Lakewood, CO 80215-5517 tel.: 720-544-2805 fax.: 720-544-2978
further information contact [email@example.com]
- Similar Government Grants
- • South Carolina urban communities
- • Announcement for Program Funding for Natural Resources Conservation Service's Conservation...
- • Ohio NRCS Conservation Innovation Grants
- • Notice of Funding Opportunity for NRCS' Conservation Innovation Grants (CIG) National comp...
- • Conservation Innovation Grants
- • Conservation Innovation Grants - Chesapeake Bay Watershed
- • Environmental Quality Incentive Program Assistance Irrigation Technical Services
- More Grants from the Natural Resources Conservation Service
- • Notice of Funding Opportunity for NRCS' Voluntary Public Access- Habitat Incentives Progra...
- • Announcement for Program Funding for NRCS's Regional Conservation Partnership Program (RCP...
- • Farm Bill Implementation Assistance in Oregon
- • Maryland Funding Opportunity Announcement
- • Partnerships to provide direct technical services