Comprehensive STD Prevention Systems, Prevention of STD-Related Infertility, and Syphilis Elimination
The summary for the Comprehensive STD Prevention Systems, Prevention of STD-Related Infertility, and Syphilis Elimination grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Comprehensive STD Prevention Systems, Prevention of STD-Related Infertility, and Syphilis Elimination: FedBizOpps/Secretary's Forecast Summary PA05004 CDC's Procurement and Grants Office has published a program announcement entitled, Comprehensive STD Prevention Systems, Prevention of STD-Related Infertility, and Syphilis Elimination. $103,000,000 will be available in fiscal year 2005 to fund between approximately 196 and 203 awards for four different projects to specified states and public health agencies. The purpose of the program is to support sexually transmitted disease (STD) programs in designing, implementing, and evaluating Comprehensive STD Prevention Systems (CSPS), including, where applicable, initiatives and strategies specific to: (1) the Infertility Prevention Program; (2) the Syphilis Elimination Program (SE) targeting High Morbidity Areas; and (3) the Gonoccocal Isolate Surveillance Project (GISP) to monitor gonoccocal resistance to multiple antibiotics. For complete program details, please see the full announcement on the CDC website at http://www.cdc.gov/od/pgo/funding/grantmain.htm. The estimated funding date is January 1, 2005.
|Federal Grant Title:||Comprehensive STD Prevention Systems, Prevention of STD-Related Infertility, and Syphilis Elimination|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-PA-05004|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Preventive Health Services_Sexually Transmitted Diseases Control Grants|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Sep 15, 2004 Applications must be received in the|
|Posted Date:||Jul 23, 2004|
|Creation Date:||Jul 23, 2004|
|Archive Date:||Oct 15, 2004|
|Total Program Funding:||$103,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$2,251,750|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$43,175|
|Expected Number of Awards:||200|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Each specific project specifies which states and public health agencies are eligible. Please see the program announcement at the Funding Opportunity URL below for details.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- (TIMS), Technical Information Management Section, Point of Contact, Phone 770-488-2700, Email email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org (TIMS), Technical Information Management Section
- Similar Government Grants
- • National Center for HIV-AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention
- • STD Surveillance Network (SSuN)
- • Strengthening STD Prevention and Control for Health Departments (STD PCHD)
- • National Network to Enhance Capacity of State and Local Sexually Transmitted Disease Preve...
- • STD AAPPS Supplemental Funding for Enhanced Congenital Syphilis Response
- • American Indian and Alaska Native STD
- • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) Prevention Program National Communication Network
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2