Conservation Innovation Grant
The summary for the Conservation Innovation Grant grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Natural Resources Conservation Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Conservation Innovation Grant: Overview:The purpose of CIG is to stimulate the development and adoption of innovative conservation approaches and technologies, while leveraging the Federal investment in environmental enhancement and protection in conjunction with agricultural production. CIG projects are expected to lead to the transfer of conservation technologies, management systems, and innovative approaches (such as market-based systems) into NRCS technical manuals and guidesor to the private sector. CIG is used to apply or demonstrate previously proven technology in order to increase adoption with an emphasis on opportunities to scale proven, emerging conservation strategies. CIG promotes sharing of skills, knowledge, technologies, and facilities among communities, governments, and other institutions to ensure that scientific and technological developments are accessible to a wider range of users. CIG funds projects targeting innovative on-the-ground conservation, including pilot projects and field demonstrations. CIGdoes not fund research projects, with the exception of on-farm conservation research. On-farm conservation research is defined as an investigation conducted to answer a specified conservation-related question using a statistically valid design, while employing farm-scale equipment on farm fields. Specifically, a valid study design will use an appropriate number ofreplications and statistical analysis of results. To the extent NRCS funds research projects through CIG, the Agency will only fund research projects that stimulate innovative approaches to natural resource management in conjunction with agricultural production.NRCS will accept proposals under this notice for single or multiyear projects, not to exceed three years, submitted by eligible entities for projects to be completed in New Mexico. Eligible entities include Indian Tribes, State and local units of government, non-governmental organizations, and individuals.Proposals will be screened for completeness and compliance with the provisions of this notice. Applicants will be informed of incomplete or noncompliant proposals. Applicants should submit the proposals in advance of the deadline so that NRCS can review the applications for completeness. Complete proposals received by applicable deadlines will be evaluated based on the Proposal Evaluation Criteria identified in the instructions in section V, part B.
|Federal Grant Title:||Conservation Innovation Grant|
|Federal Agency Name:||Natural Resources Conservation Service (USDA-NRCS)|
|Grant Categories:||Agriculture Environment Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||USDA-NRCS-NM-CIG-17-01|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||April 21st, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||April 21st, 2017|
|Posted Date:||March 3rd, 2017|
|Creation Date:||March 3rd, 2017|
|Archive Date:||May 21st, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:||$75,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$75,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||50|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
|Last Updated:||March 3rd, 2017|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Individuals - For-profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- NRCS New Mexico CIG Homepage
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Athena Cholas
State CIG Program Manager
USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service
6200 Jefferson St NE
Phone: (505) 761-4419
New Mexico CIG Program Contact
- Similar Government Grants
- • South Carolina urban communities
- • Announcement for Program Funding for Natural Resources Conservation Service's Conservation...
- • Ohio NRCS Conservation Innovation Grants
- • Notice of Funding Opportunity for NRCS' Conservation Innovation Grants (CIG) National comp...
- • Conservation Innovation Grants
- • Conservation Innovation Grants - Chesapeake Bay Watershed
- • Environmental Quality Incentive Program Assistance Irrigation Technical Services
- More Grants from the Natural Resources Conservation Service
- • Notice of Funding Opportunity for NRCS' Voluntary Public Access- Habitat Incentives Progra...
- • Announcement for Program Funding for NRCS's Regional Conservation Partnership Program (RCP...
- • Farm Bill Implementation Assistance in Oregon
- • Maryland Funding Opportunity Announcement
- • Partnerships to provide direct technical services