Corrosion and Coatings
The summary for the Corrosion and Coatings grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Naval Surface Warfare Center Carderock, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Corrosion and Coatings: The Naval Surface Warfare Center Carderock Division is interested in receiving proposals for the following Basic Research Opportunity Areas:1. Advanced MaterialsNaval Surface Warfare Center Carderock Division is seeking unclassified proposals that do not contain proprietary information regarding the formulation, surface preparation, performance evaluation, characterization, and demonstration of coatings, cure mechanism, corrosion resistance, and properties of materials for advanced coatings, additive manufacturing, adhesives, conversion coatings, solvent free, low, reduced, or exempt solvent materials, and reduced environmental impact materials. Proposed applications can include biomimetic materials, adhesion promoters, surface preparation or coating removal, hydrophobic coatings, high temperature coatings, stimuli response coatings, intelligent cure mechanisms, stimuli responsive coatings, chemical sensors, biofouling resistance, and others. 2. Modeling and AnalyticsNaval Surface Warfare Center Carderock Division is seeking unclassified proposals that do not contain proprietary information regarding the modeling of corrosion data, rates, and other analytics, collection of field and environmental data for data analytics & modeling and data visualizations, machine learning, material degradations, sensors, performance prediction, failure analysis, real-time condition assessment, and statistical and meta-analysis of data. 3. Training and Product SupportNaval Surface Warfare Center Carderock Division is seeking unclassified proposals that do not contain proprietary information regarding the corrosion and coating product support and training, including the development and transition of tools, virtual or augmented reality products, digital and practical visual aids, kits, specifications and technical manuals, training aids, short courses, seminars, scholarly papers, reports, systemic reviews, patent analyses, and other literature reviews or meta-analysis, and other transition strategies.
|Federal Grant Title:||Corrosion and Coatings|
|Federal Agency Name:||Naval Surface Warfare Center Carderock (DOD-ONR-SEA-NSWFCRD)|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NSWCCD-22-0001|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||September 13th, 2023|
|Original Application Deadline:||September 13th, 2023|
|Posted Date:||September 14th, 2022|
|Creation Date:||September 14th, 2022|
|Archive Date:||October 13th, 2023|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$10,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||November 15th, 2022|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Carolyn J McCloskey
- Similar Government Grants
- • Office of Naval Research (ONR) Global Research Opportunity: Global-X Challenge 2023
- • Adaptive Management and Research of Natural Resources on Midwest Air Force Installations
- • FY24 Young Investigator Program
- • FY24 Department of Defense Multidisciplinary Research Program of the University Research I...
- • FY24 Defense University Research Instrumentation Program (DURIP)
- • Department of Homeland Security Institute for Discrete Sciences University Affiliate Cente...
- • Submarine Security Program
- • Capable Manpower Future Naval Warfighting Capability Emerging and Advanced Technologies fo...
- More Grants from the Naval Surface Warfare Center Carderock
- • Carderock Research Projects