Creation of a Healthcare-Associated Infectious Disease Modeling Network to Improve Prevention Research and Healthcare Delivery
The summary for the Creation of a Healthcare-Associated Infectious Disease Modeling Network to Improve Prevention Research and Healthcare Delivery grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ERA, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Creation of a Healthcare-Associated Infectious Disease Modeling Network to Improve Prevention Research and Healthcare Delivery: The purpose of this project is to support innovative transmission modeling research that will expand knowledge and develop tools to better understand the spread of healthcare-associated infections (HAIs), particularly those that are resistant to antimicrobials. This includes the creation of a new network of multidisciplinary scientists conducting computational and mathematical research to improve the ability to prepare for, detect, control, and prevent the growing problem of HAIs in the United States, particularly HAIs involving antimicrobial resistant pathogens.
|Federal Grant Title:||Creation of a Healthcare-Associated Infectious Disease Modeling Network to Improve Prevention Research and Healthcare Delivery|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ERA (HHS-CDC-HHSCDCERA)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-CK-17-001|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||January 31st, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||January 31st, 2017|
|Posted Date:||October 21st, 2016|
|Creation Date:||October 21st, 2016|
|Archive Date:||March 2nd, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:||$9,750,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$650,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$400,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||5|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||October 21st, 2016|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For-profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Paul Smutz
- Similar Government Grants
- • Prevention Epicenters Program: Protecting Patients from Infections, Antibiotic Resistance ...
- • Monitoring Cause-specific School Absenteeism for Estimating Community-wide Influenza and S...
- • US Travelers Health Research, Surveillance, Communication, and Outreach Network
- • Emerging Infections Network - Research for Preventing, Detecting, and Managing Travelers w...
- • Reducing the burden of parasitic infections in the United States through evidence-based pr...
- • Impact of Japanese Encephalitis Vaccination in Cambodia
- • Clinical, Epidemiologic and Ecologic Factors Impacting the Burden and Distribution of Monk...
- • Reduction of Malaria in U.S. Residents Returning from Overseas Travel to Malaria-Endemic C...
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ERA
- • Modeling Infectious Diseases in Healthcare Research Projects to Improve Prevention Researc...
- • Detection and Characterization of Emerging Vector-Borne and Zoonotic Pathogens in Indonesi...
- • Enhanced Surveillance and Control of Arboviruses in Puerto Rico
- • Network of Modeling Centers to Improve Evidence Base for Seasonal and Pandemic Influenza P...
- • Epidemiology, Prevention, and Treatment of Influenza and Other Respiratory Infections in P...