D.4 University Leadership Initiative (ULI)
The summary for the D.4 University Leadership Initiative (ULI) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the NASA Headquarters, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
D.4 University Leadership Initiative (ULI): University Leadership Initiative (ULI) provides the opportunity for university teams to exercise technical and organizational leadership in proposing unique technical challenges in aeronautics, defining multi-disciplinary solutions, establishing peer review mechanisms, and applying innovative teaming strategies to strengthen the research impact. Research proposals are sought in seven ULI topic areas in Appendix D.4. Topic 1: Safe, Efficient Growth in Global Operations (Strategic Thrust 1) Topic 2: Innovation in Commercial Supersonic Aircraft (Strategic Thrust 2) Topic 3: Ultra-Efficient Subsonic Transports (Strategic Thrust 3) Topic 4: Safe, Quiet, and Affordable Vertical Lift Air Vehicles (Strategic Thrust 4) Topic 5: In-Time System-Wide Safety Assurance (Strategic Thrust 5) Topic 6: Assured Autonomy for Aviation Transformation (Strategic Thrust 6) Topic 7: Zero Emission Aviation Topic 8: Materials and Structures for Next-Generation Aerospace Systems This NRA will utilize a two-step proposal submission and evaluation process. The initial step is a short mandatory Step-A proposal due August 30, 2022. Those offerors submitting the most highly rated Step-A proposals will be invited to submit a Step-B proposal. All proposals must be submitted electronically through NSPIRES at https://nspires.nasaprs.com. An Applicant's Workshop will be held on Thursday July 14, 2022; 1:00-3:00 p.m. ET (https://uli.arc.nasa.gov/applicants-workshops/workshop6). An interested partners list for this ULI is at https://uli.arc.nasa.gov/partners. To be listed as an interested lead or partner, please send electronic mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with "ULI Partnerships" in the subject line and include the information required for the table in that web page.
|Federal Grant Title:||D.4 University Leadership Initiative (ULI)|
|Federal Agency Name:||NASA Headquarters (NASA-HQ)|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NNH21ZEA001N-ULI|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||August 30th, 2022|
|Original Application Deadline:||August 30th, 2022|
|Posted Date:||June 29th, 2022|
|Creation Date:||June 29th, 2022|
|Archive Date:||September 29th, 2022|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||4|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||June 29th, 2022|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Click on the following link to see the full text of the announcement for this funding opportunity.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Technical POC: Gelsomina (Mina) Cappuccio
Quickest way to resolve questions about this NRA is to e-mail questions to:
- Similar Government Grants
- • University Innovation (UI) Project
- • D.2 - Transformational Tools and Technologies Project (TTT)
- • University Student Research Challenge (USRC2)
- • B.3 - System-Wide Safety (SWS) Project
- • University Student Research Challenge
- • Research Opportunities in Aeronautics - 2011
- • ROA 2011: A.2 Subsonic Fixed Wing (SFW1)
- • Cooperative Agreement Notice - Dual Use Technology at Stennis Space Center
- More Grants from the NASA Headquarters
- • ROSES 2023: A.32 Earth Surface Mineral Dust Source Investigation (EMIT) Science and Applic...
- • ROSES 2023: F.18 NASA Innovation Corps
- • ROSES 2023: A.59 Technology Development for Support of Wildland Fire Science, Management, ...
- • University Innovation (UI) Project
- • ROSES 2023: C.24 Here to Observe